Iphone 5 vs Samsung GS3 screen comparison

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by darster, Oct 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

2. macrumors 68040

Next time I will bring this equipment to the AT&T store so I can find a phone with a good screen. :p

[​IMG]

3. macrumors 65816

THE JUICEMAN

Both have their strengths but to me the AMOLED Pentile screen looks far less sharp and beautiful than the LCD. HTC One X takes the crown for me and the iPhone 5 is right behind it.

4. macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I had an opportunity to compare both side by side. The only significant difference that I would notice is that the SGS3 at 100% brightness is about the same brightness level as the iP5 at 50% brightness. The numbers quoted in this article seems to agree with my personal experience. The only difference I would notice is when I use the phones outside in the sun. The iP5 screen is easier to view in those conditions than the SGS3. Otherwise, I would likely not notice any difference between the two.

5. macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Where does the LG Optimus G's screen place in the list with iPh5, HOX, and S3?

6. macrumors 604

cynics

I'd really like to see a test that goes more in depth about the S3's screen tone settings. Obviously setting them to the best like you would with a TV before testing it.

7. macrumors 6502a

Will beat em all

8. macrumors regular

This.

The S3 is an absolute pain to use outside, not just in the sun but any daylight. I cannot believe it has not been rectified on the Note 2

9. macrumors regular

i don't know if this was posted before but i found this very interesting
    http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm

10. macrumors 68000

daveathall

This post echoes my sentiments. (I to have had both phones side by side)

I must admit that one can do as many scientific tests one likes, bottom line for me is, both the iP4 and S3 I found had colours and contrast that was pleasing to my eyes, I certainly don't feel cheated of colour accuracy by picking the S3 as my phone.