iPhone 5 Wifi Range

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j.applewood, Sep 29, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Just set up my IP5 from iCloud backup and the wifi kept going in and out during the restore. After a few minutes I noticed a correlation between how far away from my router I was and the signal completely dropping out - approximately 5 feet. Any further, and no signal whatsoever. Finally got it up and running after literally placing the phone next to the router and leaving it. I'm running iOS 6 on my 4S (using the same router) so I didn't think it was an issue with the OS, but I restored it anyway just in case. Still dropping wifi like crazy. Took it into the Apple store today and got a replacement which thankfully works fine - has anyone else had this weird wifi range issue?

2. thread starter macrumors member

No one? Remarkable

3. macrumors newbie

I've got the same issue with all wifi routers (work and home). Range is about 10-15ft from router at this point. Gonna go exchange it tonight as I just got mine yesterday...will let you know what happens:(

4. macrumors newbie

I have the same issue. 8 feet max then the signal goes dead. How is this even possible? Any solution...besides a new phone?

5. macrumors newbie

It's working fine for me .... My router is a little far away from me in another room and i got full signal