iPhone 5, will it be available factory unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ann P, Jun 20, 2011.

1. macrumors 68020

I have a birthday gift card that I would like to spend on an iPhone. I frequently travel outside of the states so having an unlocked phone is a must. My question is will Apple sell the iPhone 5 unlocked (like they are doing with the 4 now) and will it be the same price-range? Thank you for any input.

2. macrumors demi-god

soco

There's a ton of discussion on this around the forums. Can we just make a new thr-...

Oh.

3. macrumors 604

wordoflife

Seriously, what are with your posts? I guess your signature has been correct lately, for the most part.

4. macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

There are no sources to confirm or deny any of this. But if we could learn from experience, all would point towards a factory unlocked iPhone 5 being available in the Apple Stores. Throughout the entire lifetime of the iPhone prices have also been static so I doubt you'd see any price change with the introduction of the 5th gen smartphone.

I also wouldn't count on getting one any time soon, queues will be immense in these stores and they will run out of stock very early and very frequently.

5. macrumors 6502

Since we can already buy unlocked iPhone 4, i'm pretty sure Apple will offer this option for iPhone 5