iPhone 5 won't ring on incoming call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chris566, Sep 21, 2012.

1. macrumors member

New Sprint user here. I receive text notifications, even voicemail, but my phone will not ring or show that I've missed a call. I do, however, get call waiting notifications when I'm on a call. That is the only time I can tell when a call is coming in. I hope nobody else is experiencing this, but let me know if you do. Any advice..other than switching back to AT&T?

2. macrumors 68000

Did you port your AT&T number to Sprint? It sounds like it is not complete!

Dave

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yes. I feel like it was completed. People can call me at the ported number and leave me a msg or send a text.

4. macrumors 601

tbayrgs

Alright, I'll ask...did you make sure the ringer volume is up, that the mute switch is not on?

5. macrumors 68000

Do you stil have your AT&T phone on? To verify the port is complete, check your port stats here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/LNPControllerServlet

Also you can try calling your number and see if the AT&T device still rings. That would also indicate the port is not complete.

Dave

6. thread starter macrumors member

:) yes, phone is turned up and mute switch isn't on. I get no notifications that an incoming call came through.

----------

Thanks. Here is the port status:

We are sorry, we could not locate a port request for the number that you entered. Please check the number and try again. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

7. macrumors newbie

missing calls no ring

In just one day I had something like 10 missing calls and my iphone 5 was on my desk.
    What a disaster, customers think I don't want to answer.
    I'M TIRED OF THIS SITUATION.
    i PHONE 5 IS A FLUNK!:mad:

8. macrumors regular

How can you tell that it is your phone and not the carrier?

9. macrumors member

I've had this happen to me several times also. However, I didn't port my number. I just upgraded my phone through AT&T. I'll probably call AT&T tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully I won't need to replace my iPhone because mine looks flawless so far.

10. macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Do not disturb?
    My friend wasn't getting notified of calls and he had do not disturb on.

If that's not it, try a factory restore.

11. macrumors member

No, do not disturb is off...I checked. It's funny, this doesn't happen all the time. I imagine that I receive most calls, but knowing that some don't go through is troubling.

Thanks for the tip about doing a restore. I'll try that as a last resort before going to the Apple Store.

12. macrumors newbie

I am also suffering from this problem. If I call my phone 10 times, it may ring 3 or 4 times! I have contacted sprint & apple with no resolution. I have tried a reset, restore, refresh, service update, & I even got a replacement phone. I am having the same issues!

13. macrumors 6502a

I thought you had sprint... :confused:

14. thread starter macrumors member

I thought that maybe this was a tool to checks port status on a universal (US) level. I don't know.

Anyway..it turns out to be a problem with Sprint LTE upgrades and one tower in particular that my house uses. Still having the same problem in Charlotte, NC.