iphone 5C gyroscope/inclinometer values ALSO incorrect

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Valkyre, Oct 7, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

The problem is not exclusive to the iphone 5s as has been the case around here.

A lot of iphone 5c's including mine, are inaccurate.

Easiest way to notice it is when you try to get a panoramic photo… while you are rotating the device the arrow does all sorts of crap and the photo ends up a mess…

Given the fact that both iphone 5s and iphone 5c are experiencing this problem, I believe this is a good indication that we are dealing with a software issue rather than a hardware issue, especially since people thought it was the M7.

And yes i have tested my iphone 5c with my iphone 4s which is working perfectly fine and reads everything excellent. The 5c is almost always -2 degrees off, and as I said, taking a panoramic shot is … horrible…

I think apple is going to fix this in a future firmware…at least i hope they do, or I am demanding a replacement.

2. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

Well ****

3. macrumors 6502a

I think the 5c also got a 6-bit Bosch sensor ( not the same one as the 5s) that replaced the 16-bit sensor on the 5.

4. macrumors 65816

There is already a 1000+ post thread on this :)

5. macrumors 65816

From 3 different people.

6. macrumors 65816

Yea your one of them rkahl.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

please provide the link... because i am talking about the iphone 5c not iphone 5s and before opening this thread i did not find any threads regarding the 5c situation. In fact that 1000+ post thread claimed that the problem is exclusive to 5s devices and it sure isnt it seems.

8. macrumors member

As I said before. Since all these chips are made by a different manufacturer. It likely isn't a hardware issue. Just a firmware issue. Easily patched with an update.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

That is what I said as well. But there needs to be stressed that the problem is not exclusive to iphone 5s as it is sudgested in that "1000+ post" thread...

10. macrumors 65816

Sorry didn't see it was the C. This is odd as many of us compared the 5s with the 5c in the stores and the S was all over the place and the Cs seemed fine.

11. macrumors newbie

So, why so few people discussing the 5C? I always keep my iphone in a battery/case so I have no need for a fancy shell.
    What percentage of 5C users are having issues?