iPhone 5S 16GB vs 32GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hbksabhi, Sep 13, 2013.

?

Which iPhone 5S would you Buy ?

1. 16GB

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 32GB

38 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. macrumors regular

i know alot of people are pissed apple didnt increase the storage to 32 Standard .
    Apple charge ridiculous 100$ for increase but all the potential of iPhone 5S and future games 32 should be the one worth it .
    Opinions
    And Do you like Gaming on 4" screen ?

2. macrumors 68000

16 GB for me. I don't game, no YouTube, no movies either. I take a good amount of pictures but I transfer them to my thumb drive soon after. No music either. I have a nice set up at home for that. ;) 16 Gb and the cloud is more than enough.

3. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I opted for the 32gb iPhone 5 last year because of my music library, so if I were to get a new phone this year (I'm not planning on it), I would choose the 32GB version

4. macrumors member

It all depends on your usage pattern.

I use iTunes match, and have a 32gb iPad Mini for movie/streaming video consumption, so the 16GB phone is fine for me. With PhotoStream, I easily can keep photos managed, have plenty of my music currently downloaded and room for plenty of apps on the phone.

My plan is to replace my 16GB 4S with a 16GB 5s next week.

5. macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

16gb are perfect for me, but it really depends on the person :)

6. macrumors member

I went with 32GB on my iPhone4s and I am glad I did. I currently have just 1.5GB free. This is mostly because I save my music in a lossless format for fidelity reasons when played on a large system. However, I am debating going 64GB with all the new video features on the new iPhone that will chew-up storage very quickly.

7. macrumors 65816

64gb for me !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. macrumors 68020

cyks

3 generations at the same base storage when nearly all of their competitors offer either more storage or a means to cheaply increase it with cards.

It's completely absurd that Apple is still charging so much, but, with that said, I'll still likely be getting the 32GB. Even if I limit my music and video use, apps continue to get bigger and bigger.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

apps points is the one im thinking about 32gb .
    i would keep aroud 2-3 GB of music there and 2-3gb of Pics and videos
    and that leaves me with 7-8 GB of free space from the available 13.2GB .
    with amazing graphics games and apps will get bigger .

we get about 28gb free from 32 gig model .

One more question , if u could have one device what will u pick ?
    ipad mini retina 32GB or iPhone 5S 32 gb ?

10. macrumors 65816

iTunes Match and google drive user

I still opted for 32gb to give me more freedom to store more music, perhaps a couple of movies and plenty of space for video and photos. I fine occasionally 16GB starts to get a little tight

11. macrumors G5

Macman45

32 will be mine. I've never needed more, but 16GB just won't cut it for me. My Fiancee is happy with 16 though.

12. macrumors G5

jav6454

13. macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

16 GB is generally ok if you plan on storing hundreds of songs, tens of apps, and a couple of movies at a time.
    It really depends on what you use your smartphone for. From what you have stated, 16 GB should be plenty.

14. macrumors 6502a

Ayemerica

My phone is basically just my phone. I keep movies and large amount of photos on my iPad. I could get the 32gb or even the 64gb but I don't feel like spending 100 dollars per storage upgrade on something that is mainly used for simple apps and texting.