iPhone 5S hacked iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Loves2spoon, Sep 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

Anyone else hacked today?

Your Apple ID, (my email), was just used to download Split Lens 2 - Clone Yourself in Video&Photo, Make illusion Video&Photo, +Filters&FX! from the App Store on a computer or device that had not previously been associated with that Apple ID. You may also be receiving this email if you reset your password since your last purchase.

This download was initiated from China.

I keep trying to go to iforgot website that apple provides to reset my password and the recovery email will not show up in my inbox/spam - been trying all day.

Any suggestions?

P.S, I do not live in China!!!! lol

2. macrumors 68020

go to my apple id. set up 2 step verification where it will send code to your phone. You then can change password. 2 step verification is much more secure

3. macrumors 6502a

I'd suggest you call Apple if you can't reset your password.

Before your account is hit with hundreds of dollars in in-app purchases. Watched a friend go through that. Wasn't pretty.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

5. macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

Hope you get this sorted out soon. I'd call Apple ASAP.

6. macrumors 6502a

7. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Yep, something is up.
    Hope you guys update and make your apple ID passwords stronger with at least 1 capital letter a number and a special character included.

8. macrumors 68020

I have got over a dozen emails in the past few weeks from apple saying someone incorrectly entered password for my itunes account. The email states my account was safe and likely someone typed in wrong id. I don't believe that someone typed in wrong id. I believe it's someone trying to hack accounts. They won't be able to change my password even if they did get it right as I have set up 2 step verification. Plus it's a 12 character password.

9. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Good move.
    Better safe than sorry.

10. macrumors 68020

One way to prevent someone from charging on your cc, is to eliminate cc from your itunes account and just load your account with itunes cards. I only purchase $25 cards, so that's the most they can ever get from me.

11. macrumors 68000

Keep in mind that an Apple ID cannot only hold monetary value. And you can always dispute credit card charges.

My nightmare is that someone hacks my password and uses it to log into icloud.com, remote-wipe my devices and delete my personal information and iCloud documents. And the web portal doesn't even support 2-step authentication (it's part of the reason why I keep primary email, contacts and calendar at another provider).