iPhone 5S lock up/crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Flynnstone, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

I have a new 5S.
    Its has crashed or locked up on me twice so far.
    Once on a webpage the UI became unresponsive.
    The second time I was using slo mo video. I could not stop the video. The on screen button would not respond, nor would the volume buttons.
    I had to do a force reset (hold on/off button & home button).

Any one else experiencing anything similar?

2. macrumors 68000

Last night I was using the Action Movie app and my iPhone 5S crashed and rebooted. This sort of thing happened when I was beta testing iOS 7 so it's not necessarily the phone itself. Apple probably still hasn't worked all the bugs out of iOS 7.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors regular

I just posted about this; the same exact thing is happening to me. The phone just doesn't respond, and I have to do the same thing to reset it. Not happy so far.

5. macrumors 68000

cmichaelb

I've had one lock up since Friday on my 5S. I assumed the app I was running may be the issue but I can't remember what app it was now. I think the NFL app.

I'm waiting to see if it happens again, but so far, so good.

6. macrumors regular

My phone is locking up almost 1/2 the time I try to wake it up now. I think I'm just going to pay a visit to the Apple Store this evening to see if anyone else is having this problem, of if they think I need a new phone. I'm even recording it locking up with my iPad, bc I love it when the problem goes away in-store.

7. macrumors member

Yesterday, my new iPhone 5s 16gb Tmo phone crashed when I saw a Blue screen on the phone and a second later, the phone reboots itself. I didn't update it to 7.01 yet.