Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
I have a new 5S.
Its has crashed or locked up on me twice so far.
Once on a webpage the UI became unresponsive.
The second time I was using slo mo video. I could not stop the video. The on screen button would not respond, nor would the volume buttons.
I had to do a force reset (hold on/off button & home button).

Any one else experiencing anything similar?

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Last night I was using the Action Movie app and my iPhone 5S crashed and rebooted. This sort of thing happened when I was beta testing iOS 7 so it's not necessarily the phone itself. Apple probably still hasn't worked all the bugs out of iOS 7.

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
I just posted about this; the same exact thing is happening to me. The phone just doesn't respond, and I have to do the same thing to reset it. Not happy so far.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
I have a new 5S.
Its has crashed or locked up on me twice so far.
Once on a webpage the UI became unresponsive.
The second time I was using slo mo video. I could not stop the video. The on screen button would not respond, nor would the volume buttons.
I had to do a force reset (hold on/off button & home button).

Any one else experiencing anything similar?

I've had one lock up since Friday on my 5S. I assumed the app I was running may be the issue but I can't remember what app it was now. I think the NFL app.

I'm waiting to see if it happens again, but so far, so good.

WoodrowCall

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2010
Memphis, TN
My phone is locking up almost 1/2 the time I try to wake it up now. I think I'm just going to pay a visit to the Apple Store this evening to see if anyone else is having this problem, of if they think I need a new phone. I'm even recording it locking up with my iPad, bc I love it when the problem goes away in-store.

Iceboie

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Yesterday, my new iPhone 5s 16gb Tmo phone crashed when I saw a Blue screen on the phone and a second later, the phone reboots itself. I didn't update it to 7.01 yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.