iPhone 5S pretty much confirmed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ignaliza, May 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

So nice to know we don't have to wait for any silly announcements from Apple.

I mean, what does Apple know? Don't need their redundant announcement now that we have the straight poop from Spigen.

The hell with the WWDC...

:rolleyes:

3. macrumors 65816

4. macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

How is this not on the home page? Macrumors bot is slacking.

5. macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Or it could be a company making an educated guess based on previous trends, and informing people that based on the previous trend of the "S" models being the same size as their direct predecessor, their case/screen protector will work for the current AND next-gen phone.

Why buy the lame iP5 case/protector when you can get the future-proofed iP5S one :p

6. macrumors 65832

SR45

OP, if you have been around the block with future hardware releases from Apple, you would know that case manufactures sometimes will make some accessories ahead of the actual announcements in hope that it will be released, and pray it will fit. Sometimes they are correct, and sometimes they are wrong. Just a minor change will make the accessories company running back to the drawing board to make adjustments.

Just a word of advise.... ;)

7. macrumors 6502

iPhone 5S confirmed?

As if,

2008 iPhone 3G
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    iPhone 5
    ???? 2013

Didn't confirm enough :rolleyes:

But hey, good find.

8. macrumors 601

You mean a NEW iphone is coming?

OMG! doesn't anybody tell me these things? :eek:

9. macrumors 604

lordofthereef

There are plenty of case manufacturers that actually printed boxes that say "new iPhone" on them. Most of them have stickers over them to say "iPhone 5", but some were missed. You may still be able to find them in stores.

My point? Case manufacturers do a lot of guess work. They are not given the phone prior to official announcements. With all of these leaks, the guesswork is worthy investment. It's a race to get your product out and compatible with the next gen iPhone. In short, this is no more confirmation that the 5s will be the same form factor as the 5, than seeing no information at all.

I have every expectation of seeing the 5s be the same as the 5 with some rehashed innards. But still, I can hold on to hoping infer some of the things I've wanted until Applemofficially tells me no.

10. macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

[​IMG]
    In china you can buy iphone 6 case I think that it is confirmed too :D

11. macrumors 6502

Considering all the LOL-worth discussion last year about if the iPhone 5 would be named "iPhone 5" or "iPhone 6", I wouldn't be surprised if someone were expecting this year's model to be the iPhone 6S. It's as nonsensical as last year's claims.