Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I'm happy to rip apple a new one when they f up: ie IT11, mountain lion, etc., but I think IP5 is a spectacular success.

I am still stunned at how light and thin this device is, and I am completely overwhelmed with it's capabilities. It'll take me at least a year just to discover it's full functionality, much less exploit all of it.

Yes, this is my first 'smartphone' but I feel completely comfortable rating this device a 10/10 or 11/10.

My only regret is that I have to wrap this gorgeous device in a relatively ugly, tacky piece of plastic to protect it.

Madhawk

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2007
Now that everyone knows that an iPhone 5S will be arriving in about 6 month's time, that means that iPhone 5 sales will decline.

Which means that the Holiday season was the best time/season for the iPhone 5.

lildimsum7

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
i predict another sad upgrade. better camera, battery life, processor. maybe a slightly bigger display. iOS7? probably another crap update. iOS is already behind android in economic design. android has quick toggles, swiftkey as an option, and tasker - very convenient to have. but best design will be the blackberry: the idea of "flow" will make phone operation extremely efficient. it also has the fastest mobile browser. the future is blackberry

pego99

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2008
i predict another sad upgrade. better camera, battery life, processor. maybe a slightly bigger display. iOS7? probably another crap update. iOS is already behind android in economic design. android has quick toggles, swiftkey as an option, and tasker - very convenient to have. but best design will be the blackberry: the idea of "flow" will make phone operation extremely efficient. it also has the fastest mobile browser. the future is blackberry

What is "economic design"?

lildimsum7

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
What is "economic design"?

sorry about that, i just meant Android and BB allow you to do things more efficiently. both those OS's have very convenient features that improve user experience. the only iOS features i could think of that's better is SwipeSelection and iFile, but those are Cydia tweaks, so i may not count those. i suppose multitasking is better for iOS

jky56fan

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Whats the point of a cheaper phone then?
1.jpg

2.jpg

macandiPhone

macrumors member
May 25, 2012
iPhone 5 was a good phone except for Maps(should have been in beta). But what I am most interested in now is iOS 7.

iPhone 5S..!!! Dont quite like the name..:rolleyes:

Genetheninja

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2010
I read a rumor that the note 3 is going to have a 6.3 inch screen and am eight core processor!

Lol, can you imagine how silly someone will look holding that to their face? And eight cores? Wow.

There is such a thing as too much...I think Apple needs to do a wider screen like you said, but thankfully I know they would never consider something that big!

That's what she said.

(sorry I just couldn't resist) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.