Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Go in store. They keep a separate stock for exchanges.

----------

Called ahead to the Sprint store and none in stock, yesterday they had (2) tough. Buttttttttt I went to the Apple Store and got a replacement real quick after waiting 1:40 hours for my reservation. I checked ALL the 5S's in the Demo tables and none had a screen popup issue and they are used ALOT (Millenia Mall Apple Store) busiest tourist store in Florida.

I saw the Apple cover and I like it but didnt had $40 to spent at the moment lol.

In front of me was this tourist lady from Brazil or Venezuela in her 30's buying 10 ipads, and 8 iphone 5c, sexy as hell, and a guy behind me was from latin america also and offered me $2500 for my iphone 5S 64gb, I said no ofcourse lol, I run my business with my phone, but the temptation was there.

I would have sold that thing so fast!

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I tried to push it down to see if it clicked in place with no luck, this is a 1 day old phone and I paid $399 for it, Im not getting it fixed, I will ask for a new one for sure either sprint store or apple. Im going to the sprint store right now and see, if not tomorrow I will call apple.

What are u worried about? You're still within the retun period. So you can simply return it if u wanted to. And then buy a new one. But you don't have to do that. Just make a genius appt and they will exchange it instantly. I don't see the problem.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
In this case, perhaps. But it's not as easy as before. Apple is cracking down and focusing on repairing phones instead of simply replacing them.

Yep. People are begging for the same "refurbs" they were spitting on a few months ago (even though they couldn't TELL if it was a refurb lol...)

Get used to it. If it's fixable, they'll soon be fixing it. Much cheaper than doing refurbs for all.

Queue the "I don't want it fixed" threads from the entitled masses...

If you are in your return period fine. If not a fix is all Apple owes anyone under warranty. Or pay 79 for ac+

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I have a similar issue.
My phone was fine until I put it in a tight fitting Apple leather case.
After that there is essentially the whole right side of the screen that makes a popping/clicking sound when I apply light pressure to the screen.
It doesn't visually appear to be popping out of the device but something is definitely not right.
Coming from an iPhone 4 with incredible build quality this is pretty disappointing.
I read about similar issues with the 5. Guess they haven't fixed it yet.

Will have to wait until my Apple store gets more stock to do an exchange

prabal.malhan

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2014
MY iPhone screen popped out from right side And i went to apple care but no luck

guyz pls help me i got my iphone screen popping out from right side by 1-2mm and i went to apple care center here in india they told me that happened due to undue pressure on the phone,but my iPhone is all new not even a sing scratch on it and now they are not replacing it pls guyz tell me wat to do feeling so bat about it :mad:

Attachments

• photo1403739189666.jpg
    photo1403739189666.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 503
  • photo1403739189726.jpg
    photo1403739189726.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 286
  • photo1403739188200.jpg
    photo1403739188200.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,125
  • photo1403739188258.jpg
    photo1403739188258.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,152

TwistedPain

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
guyz pls help me i got my iphone screen popping out from right side by 1-2mm and i went to apple care center here in india they told me that happened due to undue pressure on the phone,but my iPhone is all new not even a sing scratch on it and now they are not replacing it pls guyz tell me wat to do feeling so bat about it :mad:

If the phone is new, it should be in it's return period. Just return it and buy a new one?

SahilRK

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
So I got my iPhone 5S 64gb from sprint and today all of the sudden the touchscreen popped out in the upper right corner.

I have the insurance (yes sprint insurance now covers the iphone) but I don't want it fix I want a new one, even if I have to get a 32GB model.

Anyone had the same problem?

6di5.jpg

3o1q.jpg
Yes! I've same problem. What should I do? My phone is out of warrenty. Please suggest me, how to repair it?

George Waseem

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2015
So I got my iPhone 5S 64gb from sprint and today all of the sudden the touchscreen popped out in the upper right corner.

I have the insurance (yes sprint insurance now covers the iphone) but I don't want it fix I want a new one, even if I have to get a 32GB model.

Anyone had the same problem?

6di5.jpg

3o1q.jpg

I have the same problem on the same side. It's a worldwide issue with all the 5S's, my friend has a 5S with the same problem

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
My 5s is doing this too. Maybe not to your extent. When I type or press on right side kind of in the middle I will hear it pop a lot. Now I see the screen flexing.

adam9c1

macrumors 68000
May 2, 2012
Chicagoland
I have apple care plus, will they fix or replace? Otherwise phone is like new. Except for two small nicks by the volume buttons.

blorplorp

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2015
Can confirm. iPhone 5S owner and my screen began to lift up. I went to the Apple Genius and he ran a battery test saying the battery was to blame. My phone was 1 year 9 months old.

Edit: I didn't have any extended warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.