Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maple_91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
Bulgaria
Hello to everyone I was wondering if someone would have any idea what could've caused this.
Suddenly some pixels on the bottom right corner burned out and the bigger issue is the screen became as on the photos and videos.
The phone was always carried in a nice case and in my handbag I haven't dropped it prior this to happen. Honestly I've barely even used it. I haven't tried still to Erase it as new as I am pretty sure its a hardware issue but will do that soon as well.
So I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before and if you have some tips for me.
I am about to change the screen I just hope it is all thats faulty and not some other part that will cause the new screen to do the same.

IMG_3777.jpg
IMG_3776.jpg

maple_91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2016
Bulgaria
Update1...

so guys just a couple of days after my first post this is what happened a small number of pixels barely noticeable went dark in the right bottom corner and for about 2 days bits by bits this is it's status now.
I have already ordered a new screen and battery. Somewhere whilst searching info for my problem and possible causes I read that one possibility is a faulty(damaged) transistor or something like that so I am afraid that if I do put a new screen on this problem will occur again.
Digitizer is fully responsive even on the dark spot.

So if anyone has any ideas that would help explain this problem please do share :).
Since I really found nothing like this online(don't have much time searching dough I do work long hours) it is good to discuss this issue hopefully to help others if they get this problem and not waste money on spare parts if its irreparable.

s

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.