iPhone 5S To Have (Apple) Symbol As Home Button?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cambookpro, Jun 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 603

cambookpro

Not sure what to think of this, but Letemsvetemapplem have posted a photo of an alleged iPhone 5S home button:

[​IMG]

I don't think it's real, but could make sense as a larger window for the fingerprint sensor?

Cult of Mac article here: http://www.cultofmac.com/233786/the...-the-home-button-icon-on-the-iphone-5s-image/

http://www.letemsvetemapplem.eu/201...hone-5s-a-home-button-tlacitka-s-logem-apple/

2. macrumors 68020

Anything is possible. It's a bit surprising given Apples vanity driven culture that they didn't do this sooner.

3. macrumors 6502a

Looks like the logo is transparent. Maybe a window for a finger print sensor, or maybe this is their idea of a notification LED? The button lights up when there is a notification.

4. macrumors 6502a

Another rumor out of Asia says that the home button will include a LED that lights up briefly in certain situations, such as to indicate a successful payment.

The home button can and likely will appear solid black most of the time. This is the first potential evidence I have seen for the "light up" home button. Otherwise, there is no reason for the cutout to be in the shape of the Apple logo.

5. macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5S to have Apple Logo Home Button that includes

Fingerprint scanner AND LED transparent neon light notifications. Multiple colors :D that will be very awesome.

6. macrumors 6502

Apple logo home button? Seems like that would look hideous.

7. macrumors 68020

8. macrumors regular

I can think there might be an apple shaped white plastic in the back of the home
    button, thus the reason it is transparent.. that's a huge maybe tho.

For all we know, it might be fake

9. macrumors 68000

M5RahuL

I would much rather see a lighted Apple logo on the back, with the option to customize it to on/off/timer/on or off during calls or charging or incoming calls etc... than this!!

10. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Now people are just making **** up for the sake of getting page hits.

11. macrumors 6502a

Don't forget home button gestures. If the home button has a fingerprint sensor, Apple can use the sensor to support gestures. That's a feature of the sensor technology that Apple acquired from Authentec.

12. macrumors 6502a

Cody21

Honestly, I think it looks hideous. Just enlarge the current button icon and make it transparent. I hope it turns out to be fake.

13. macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

Honestly that looks horrible. Hopefully its a fake.

14. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

It's so ****ing easy to create a fake like this. SMH

15. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

I personally would LOVE that for notifications. Especially if it came in various color spectrums. Now that'd be sweet!

16. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Agreed, it is awful.

17. macrumors 603

Menel

Finger print sensor, and capacitive touch sensors are not the same thing, and have in the past been exclusive.

18. macrumors 68040

ValSalva

Is it possible that this is just some custom work someone did on their own iPhone? For that it looks pretty good. I certainly wouldn't be able to do something that good on my own iPhone.

But for something officially Apple it looks old and uneven.

19. macrumors regular

20. macrumors 6502

I don't buy it. Apple has its logo already on the iPhone..

"On one hand, it seems a little unsubtle for Apple. A little too strongly branded. Apple usually places their logo on their devices so that it faces away from the device’s owner: Apple wants other people to know you’re using one of their products, not constantly bludgeon you with their brand."

Attached Files:

21. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Same here. One of the reasons I like the iPhone is because it doesn't have someone's darn logo or anything else distracting on the front.

That's a great quote. Where's it from?

22. macrumors 68040

Glideslope

It is transparent. There is also a small circular opening to the upper (R) of the square. The part is square with the round button within. Zoom the image below.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2013/06/iphone_5s_displays_production_line.jpg

IMO, I'm thinking scanner on the Square and a RED Notification LED under the small opening to the (R). :apple:

23. macrumors 6502a

It's a gimmick if (assuming it's true) it adds no additional functionality; but of course we do know that yet. I can see a wide variety of possible uses for a notification light on the front of a phone that just happens to be in the shape of the Apple logo.

24. macrumors 6502a

Agreed. A notification light would be great, whether it's the Apple Logo or not.

25. macrumors member

extremely tacky.

give us a notification light please