Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flokiieh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2016
Alright so my friend who has an iPhone 5S has been having wifi issues for a while now. While everyone else's connection is fine, she's having a hard time with her weak wifi. It sometimes works fine, but then it sometimes just stops, leaves full wifi bars but doesn't even refresh instagram pages and so. What could be wrong, what could she do to fix that? I am not familiar with iPhones sadly.

jdblas69

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
So when you say everyone else's connection is fine do you mean they are connecting to the same wifi network?

If not have other devices performed well on the same wifi network? If there are no issues with the network I would suggest resetting the network settings on the iphone and see if that helps.

Flokiieh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2016
Yes, all the other devices are connected to the same wifi connection and how to perform a network reset as clean as possible?

jdblas69

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
settings>general>reset>reset network settings.

The phone will reboot and once rebooted she will have to connect and enter password for wifi network

Flokiieh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2016
Okay, thanks for your help and quick response! If I don't reply again, that means It's fixed ;) -F

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.