iPhone 5S - you can add one new feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tmanto02, Jan 23, 2013.

?

What would you like to see in the new iPhone

1. Bigger Battery

51 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Bigger Screen

48 vote(s)
    48.0%
  3. Thinner

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

Rumours of the next iPhone/iPhones are coming earlier than any other idevice I have seen.

With that in mind what is the one plausible feature you would add if you had the key to the factory? :)

Mine: NFC mobile payments

2. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Widgets?

3. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

Being able to see just my unread emails in the email app. I know....That's software but that's the feature that I want.

4. macrumors 68020

The-Real-Deal82

I'd rather have a feature I can use immediately and think NFC would be a waste IMHO. I'd like to see widgets introduced but less battery draining ones. A widget where you could quickly alter wifi and internet setting would be most welcome. :)

5. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd be happy to keep the phone the same. Just some nice tweaks and consistency in iOS 7 would be nice.

6. macrumors 6502

Finger print sensor to go with NFC... And please no widgets. Shortcuts to wifi and Bluetooth and cellular etc are welcome as they don't burn through the battery.

7. macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I hope not. I have a Nexus and I can't stand them. They are pointless. It's a quick glance at what, weather,mail ?? Simple pull down from the notification center. They are redundant IMO. The toggle switches are ok but I'd rather see them in NC or the task switcher than on one of the pages. I guess if you tweet and have your head in Facebook all the time they might be useful, I don't know as I rarely use either.

8. macrumors 601

clyde2801

T'was a guess.....that's why it was "Widgets?" rather than "Widgets!".:p They probably would drain the battery faster and use cellular data as well.

Okay, then. How about upping the storage while keeping the same price points? (Again, notice the question mark.):eek:

9. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Actually, live icons may be cool. But I can only see that being useful on weather app but you can just pull down to see the weather anyway.

10. macrumors 603

Double the storage at the same price points.

11. macrumors 6502

Holographic Strippers....thats all i really need in a phone anyway.

12. macrumors 603

Menel

1. Stability to come in iOS7 that ships with it. iOS6 breaks so easily, needs restarts more often than my old Win98 computers did.

13. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'm having a hard time coming up with anything, as widgets are ugly and toggles need to be done properly IMHO.

I guess I'd shoot for live icons.. I couldn't care less about NFC/Fingerprint.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tmanto02

I do like the idea of live tiles!

15. macrumors 601

Phil A.

Working on the basis that an update for the 5s would be hardware based rather than changes to iOS (which would apply to the 5 and possibly 4s too), I'll go for a notification light under the home button

16. macrumors 6502

i buy everything online so useless for me

----------

email is dead, everything is live instant message now, i've not used email outside work for a few years now

----------

to use for what?? i dont even have a passcode on my phone

----------

why?? i just leave mine on and it sorts its self out, i've not opened the wifi setting since i connected to my router

----------

my ip4 has never been switched off in 2 years apart from ios updates doing it

17. macrumors 601

clyde2801

Ooh, got it! The ability to give Siri different voices and personalities, such as HAL 9000, Mr. Data or the Robot from Lost in Space!

That would be awesome.:D

18. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

Wireless charging would be nice and allow us to cut the cable; at least at home

19. macrumors 6502

i charge mine when i'm sleeping so no benefit

20. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Soooo...do you have a feature you'd like to see introduced? Or would you rather just continue to crap on everyone else's suggestions since they don't meet your needs?

On the hardware side, ideally I'd like to see a slightly thicker phone to accommodate a larger, presumably longer-lasting battery.

21. macrumors 68000

Confuzzzed

Personally, I would like an improvement in the camera. Notwithstanding it has become my go to substitute for point and shoot camera, it is also increasingly becoming a good business tool for things like Evernote, Genius Scan and Image to Text apps so more bandwidth please

22. macrumors 68040

Wicked1

micro sd card slot, or increase base phone to 32gb and add 128 at top of spectrum, 16 gb is no longer enough especially that the iOS takes up nearly 2-3 gb, cmon Apple it only costs you $.41 cents per GB but you have the nerve to charge us way too much???

This is one game change that may make me switch to a Samsung, tired of having to move photos off my phone, or music just to have space.

23. macrumors 6502

Hardware: I know it's not an issue on some carriers, but the biggest thing for me for me it would be simultaneous voice/data on Verizon. Next would be a notification light.

Software: widgets, toggles, keyboards like Swype or Swiftkey, and one-button clearing of all notifications.

24. macrumors regular

Make it work

The ability to make and receive calls reliably would be a start. The basic functionality of a phone seems to have gone missing.

My 3GS was much more reliable in terms of getting a carrier signal and not dropping calls.

25. macrumors regular

+1, I miss that from my previous Androids.

Software-wise either system toggles (wi-fi/BT etc) in NC or widgets.