Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
So everyone you ask (family/friends) is objective evidence that this phone is ugly.

Thank you for describing the Internet.

Everyone I know puts their phone (iPhone or Samsung) in a rubbery or hard plastic case after the first day anyway. The objective evidence is that this is all pure marketing to make people feel better about how much money they are spending.

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
So everyone you ask (family/friends) is objective evidence that this phone is ugly.

Thank you for describing the Internet.

Not necessarily, but you missed my point, my point is that casual users can appreciate good Apple design from bad, it's not just hardcore tech users, or macrumors users that notice it. It's not a 'vocal minority' like you suggested.

I know 'design' or 'art' can be subjective, but Apple didn't gain their design reputation by luck, people see it and appreciate Apple design in general, because it's often some of the best. But Apple isn't perfect.

Seriously though, if you think I have no idea what I'm talking about, ask your family/friends about this photo and see the reaction they give.
ipodT6g6.jpg

EightyTwenty

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
Only because you blame it on their own choices, doesn't mean the gap does not exist. Society could decide to pay more for jobs predominantly picked by women, like nurse, teacher and First Lady. But it doesn't, because underpaid women don't protest like men. They don't have the muscle to turn violent, so their demands are easier to ignore.

PS: While you're busy fighting feminist myths, try to explain why pink razors are more expensive than blue razors (on average) and how that's nothin' to do with gender?

Who says I'm "blaming" anyone for their choices? This has nothing to do with "blame" - people simply need to own their choices and live with the consequences. This holds true for everyone, including me. If I feel I'm underpaid, it's my responsibility to demonstrate that I'm worth more than I'm being paid or I can find myself another job.

Secondly, "society" doesn't decide who gets paid what - the free market does. And it has nothing to do with how much an employee protests. It's all about supply and demand and how much value you bring to the company you are working for. That's reality as far as the private sector is concerned. The public sector is a whole different ballgame.

Lastly, women are perfectly free to buy blue razors. Problem solved. If they chose to pay more because they prefer pink razors, then that is the free market at work. In fact, you are free to open your own pink razor company and sell them at prices similar to what blue razors sell for. You've identified a market niche and you (or any other woman) could have a lot of success with that business.

Cwolk

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2015
NJ, USA
No way bright pink. See what happened with pink band apple watch sport? They changed it to orange after it got less than 5% of apple watch sport sales

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.