Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cariacou

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Anyone noticed the gear image displayed at 0:42 ?

it's a fake...

edit: nox5 noticed it before me

what is the igear about?

attachment.php
attachment.php

why lighting plug does not go all the way in?

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
They're possibly referring to the top and bottom bezel.

The home button has become iconic and I highly doubt Apple will ever get rid of it. And since they insist on keeping the top and bottom bezel the same we end up with a phone that's bigger than competing phones with larger screens.

Might happen when the technology is there to do what they want.
I'm talking about the patent I think was granted or applied for, to do with a Touch ID sensor embedded on the screen.
Once that's doable, and a "clickable" screen (not fully clickable, just a pressure sensitive bit), they might ditch the home button.

Edit:
Found the article for the on-screen fingerprint sensor:
https://www.macrumors.com/2013/11/25/apples-plans-to-enhance-touch-id-with-trackpad-capabilities-and-display-integration-revealed/

Edit:
And pressure sensitive screen stuff:
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/04/03/apple-pressure-sensitive-touch-screens/
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/30/pressure-touchscreen-patent/

Last edited:

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
With the amount of leaks at the moment, I'm wondering if some of this is by Apple as misdirection to keep us busy so we don't even get a sniff of the surprise on the 9th.

Joe23

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
What's up with the home button in this video still? Trick of the light or some sort of LED ring?

bZvQhLp.png

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
jeez that camera.....it sticks out like an infected zit...my nexus isn't even that bad... hopefully it's like 20 MP or something....

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
What's up with the home button in this video still? Trick of the light or some sort of LED ring?

Strip lights on the ceiling reflecting off the circular angle steel band.
You can see the lights reflecting on the screen at some point.

That steel band is pretty reflective on my phone, so caught at the right angle, you'll see that happen.

I've attached a picture of my 5S with my light reflecting. Took it on my iPad, so isn't the best quality..

You can see the strip lighting on the 5S in the video, when the 6 is laid next to it and you see the lights reflecting off the 6's steel band again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Joe23

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Strip lights on the ceiling reflecting off the circular angle steel band.
You can see the lights reflecting on the screen at some point.

That steel band is pretty reflective on my phone, so caught at the right angle, you'll see that happen.

I've attached a picture of my 5S with my light reflecting. Took it on my iPad, so isn't the best quality..

Ah, thanks for that, appreciate it :)

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Honestly... who the hell cares?!? Good grief in a few short months this phone will be everywhere. Don't get all this geeking out over this part or that part or whether someone can turn on a makeshift iPhone or not, etc. As William Shatner once famously said "Come on people, get a life!".

You're on a rumor site for christ sakes, this isn't the place to complain about rumors and leaks and not look silly.

kaellar

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
jeez, if iPhone 6 will look like this I'll kill someone of Apple's..
we've suddenly lived up to the moment when chinese crapphones look better than iPhone. me sad.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Anyone noticed the gear image displayed at 0:42 ?
it's a fake...

and it's already been addressed -- it's a new phone, probably w/o iOS 8 on it, running only on its firmware...which is, you know, new. as in, youve never seen it before. which means you *wont recognize some things*.

----------

What's with the Home button illuminating at 00:40?

likely reflections of whatever lighting equipment is in the room.

----------

With the amount of leaks at the moment, I'm wondering if some of this is by Apple as misdirection to keep us busy so we don't even get a sniff of the surprise on the 9th.

everyone says that every year. you know what happens? theyre always wrong. it's hilarious to watch it happen over and over each year.

solamar

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
Fake

That gear in the beginning is on a default Android image.. not sure if they got scammed with parts or if the whole thing is a sham.. but it's fake..:eek:

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
While I was a bit skeptical at first, I got to hold a iPhone 6 dummy unit while visiting a shop in Miami a couple of days ago - and trust me, my skepticism is GONE! Although just a cheap dummy unit, it felt amazing in hand. The antenna bands didn't look very pretty, but this vid shows that progress have been made, and that the bands will probably be color-matched, which has made it less of a problem to me. However, I would much prefer if they consisted of glass-inserts like the 5/5S.

Sure, it will take some time getting used to, but I believe we're really going to like the iPhone 6! :) Here's a photo.

14890419309_b4a8869fdf_c.jpg

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
It's just like the iPod touch 5 camera and NO ONE has had a problem with that.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but I for one really couldn't care less about the protruding camera. Everyone should've seen it coming as it was on the touch years ago. Even if I was part of the few people who didn't use a case I wouldn't care. Just set it down screen first if you really don't want it to wobble.

----------

Worst title ever, use commas please.

Please tell me where the commas should go? Title looks fine to me.

Moto G

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2014
Man with tiny hands transplanted iPhone 5S guts into concept iPhone 6 shell and turned it on.

Very possible ;)

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Pros:
The curved glass transitions very nicely into the curved body.
The curved glass makes the side bezels appear smaller than they actually are.
The larger size is welcomed by many.
The curved design is congruous with other apple products.

Cons:
Many will find the curved design ugly, like a Samsung product. I like the flat slate look of the ip4&5, at once timeless and futuristic.
The top bezel, it makes the phone look like a fatty.
The antenna bands should be gone or at least the same color as the body.
The protruding camera lens is unfortunate, but acceptable.
It's overall too iterative, not much of a step forward at all.

I bet Jony can hardly wait to release the ip7 and be done with this one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.