Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Took my iPhone 6+ camera in today to get it serviced due to the recall. All this time, I knew I had a faulty camera since day 1. Now my phone takes clear pics and doesn't constantly try to focus. It only took them a year to issue the damn recall. Thanks for a year's worth of blurry photos Apple.

This is my far the worst iPhone experience I've had and I've been buying iPhones since 3G. iOS 8.x doesn't help matters with the constant resprings, app crashing, audio skipping when multitasking, and reloading apps. I hope Apple sorts their quality control issues for the 6S+, including iOS 9 software. Don't get me started on how ugly the design is. I could never find a great case for it to help. I can't wait to get rid of this phone.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Took my iPhone 6+ camera in today to get it serviced due to the recall. All this time, I knew I had a faulty camera since day 1. Now my phone takes clear pics and doesn't constantly try to focus. It only took them a year to issue the damn recall. Thanks for a year's worth of blurry photos Apple.

This is my far the worst iPhone experience I've had and I've been buying iPhones since 3G. iOS 8.x doesn't help matters with the constant resprings, app crashing, audio skipping when multitasking, and reloading apps. I hope Apple sorts their quality control issues for the 6S+, including iOS 9 software. Don't get me started on how ugly the design is. I could never find a great case for it to help. I can't wait to get rid of this phone.

Day one ? Seems you passed on getting rid of the iPhone on day 2 if you felt it was ugly, and had a camera problem on the very first day. Wow !

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Day one ? Seems you passed on getting rid of the iPhone on day 2 if you felt it was ugly, and had a camera problem on the very first day. Wow !

Bigger screen trumps everything. That doesn't change the fact the phone is ugly and had faulty hardware.

seble

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2010
Bigger screen trumps everything. That doesn't change the fact the phone is ugly and had faulty hardware.

My 5S had a faulty touch ID sensor, day one. I was not going to accept that and get it replaced. Why didn't you get your iPhone replaced? Everything else about the phone was perfect. I remember going through four iPhone 4's to get one with a decent screen. I could've risked the same with the 5S, but it was unacceptable. Clearly a larger phone just wasn't of you. BUT, you should've taken it to have been fixed much sooner than you did.

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012
There are plenty of other options on the market if you feel so passionate about getting rid of your phone due to the problems it has. I can't imagine why anyone who feels this way wouldn't get rid of their phone sooner. Faulty camera since day 1? There's a 14 day return policy. Why you would stick with the phone instead of taking it in to a genius bar is beyond me.

This thread purpose makes 0 sense.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
My 5S had a faulty touch ID sensor, day one. I was not going to accept that and get it replaced. Why didn't you get your iPhone replaced? Everything else about the phone was perfect. I remember going through four iPhone 4's to get one with a decent screen. I could've risked the same with the 5S, but it was unacceptable. Clearly a larger phone just wasn't of you. BUT, you should've taken it to have been fixed much sooner than you did.

There are plenty of other options on the market if you feel so passionate about getting rid of your phone due to the problems it has. I can't imagine why anyone who feels this way wouldn't get rid of their phone sooner. Faulty camera since day 1? There's a 14 day return policy. Why you would stick with the phone instead of taking it in to a genius bar is beyond me.

This thread purpose makes 0 sense.

You're assuming I hadn't replaced the phone when I got it? I went through 3 of them then realized it was a design flaw (just like bendgate). I'm glad Apple finally acknowledge it. What other phones on the market? Android? That platform is even worse. The purpose of your post makes 0 sense.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2015

Why didn't you go to the Apple store or send it in for repair/replacement? That's what I did with my original back in January when it began acting up and I got a new one on the spot. Only a batch of iphone 6 pluses have the camera issue.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
You're assuming I hadn't replaced the phone when I got it? I went through 3 of them then realized it was a design flaw (just like bendgate). I'm glad Apple finally acknowledge it. What other phones on the market? Android? That platform is even worse. The purpose of your post makes 0 sense.
I would recommend you check out the following thread and could add your experience there as well:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/the-iphone-6-the-worst-iphone-ive-ever-owned.1911821/

Suspended
Sep 15, 2012

Yes, I am going to assume you never replaced the phone, because (and I think most will agree with me, hence their similar responses) your post makes it sound like you never did. Never did you mention you had it replaced previously. It's not my job to try to read your mind or "assume" what some random poster did with their phone with no clear evidence. Maybe you should try to not exclude important details next time for the sake of not looking ridiculous. My post makes perfect sense. Someone sticking with a phone they absolutely hate makes none.

Reactions: ABC5S

grifftaur

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2015
Sorry OP, but I have to agree with everyone else in this thread. You probably should have taken it as soon as you noticed the issue. Anytime a device is doing something it shouldn't, especially with the exchange window when first purchasing you have to take it in. This issue could have been even smaller and never been reported on. No need to wait for a larger group to decide you aren't the only having the issue.

Reactions: ABC5S
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.