Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lichen0582

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
:cool:Been following this thread closely for a while also searching for the holy grail. I finally decided to pull the trigger and purchas the IMOS screen protector. After doing some Google searching I found a website selling it in the US. www.goprotect.net I will do a full review and post up some better pics for all of you later this weekend. :D

Installation took a bit of time and patience but I was able to get it perfect in the end. The quality and material is excellent you can actually feel the glass is curved on the edges unlike the other brands I've used:eek::eek:.

Here are some pics taken with another 6+

Hi!
Did you get yours from http://www.goprotect.net ?? Is everything okay?
I'm a little concern since I can't find much information about the site, it's great that it's cheaper compared to other sites, but a little worry if it's trust worthy.

Thank you in advance.

ThunderApple

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
Here is a new option, another curved edge SP like Imos.
I am wondering which one is thinner.

http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/318/318707/
Anywhere to order it? Looks thinner than IMOS

Nevermind found it. Was reported by another member couple of weeks ago. Nice to see a review. Looks like it's a good alternative for IMOS and it ships from the US.

Doesn't look like it's in stock though?

http://www.armorz.com/en/product/iPhone-6/Stealth-Extreme-R-Tempered-Glass-for-Apple-iPhone-6/fm91

1427288198.curveprotect_screen_coverage.k.jpg

20150404_Glass_008_cs1e1_480x.jpg

20150324ACCN1023_Glass_016_cs1e1_800x.jpg

20150324ACCN1023_Glass_017_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Last edited:

boba7523

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I'm contemplating getting this, but I'm worried about dust collecting along the edges of the protector?

2 questions:

1. How has it held up against dust along the side edges?

2. It doesn't cover the screen glass completely? I notice some screen glass between the gold sides and the actual edge of the protector in your first picture.

thanks

1. I've only had it on for about a week now, no signs of any dust yet:)

2. It does, the glass pretty much goes all the way to the plastic edge of the phone in between the glass and where the gold sides begin.

Not sure if you can understand what I'm describing lol :eek: but it's exactly like the close up pics on the website. http://www.goprotect.net

----------

Hi!
Did you get yours from http://www.goprotect.net ?? Is everything okay?
I'm a little concern since I can't find much information about the site, it's great that it's cheaper compared to other sites, but a little worry if it's trust worthy.

Thank you in advance.

Yep that's where I ordered it from, I emailed them first prior to ordering about some questions. They ship from CA I believe.

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Anywhere to order it? Looks thinner than IMOS

Nevermind found it. Was reported by another member couple of weeks ago. Nice to see a review. Looks like it's a good alternative for IMOS and it ships from the US.

Doesn't look like it's in stock though?

http://www.armorz.com/en/product/iPhone-6/Stealth-Extreme-R-Tempered-Glass-for-Apple-iPhone-6/fm91

Maybe you have to sign in to the website first? i dunno...never buy from their online store.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
How long do you guys wait after you installed it before you try on any cases etc? 1 hour?

Thanks!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
The new black version, without the white outline, will be available around 4/10 on Benksus. The white has no outline.

I'm using the case friendly Benks 0.15 thin glass and it's great quality. Extremely smooth, crystal clear and perfect adhesion.

The white edge to edge I tested was also the same quality. It just didn't work with my favorite case or I would still be using it.

I had the MIME .15 feather and liked it just fine until I saw the review on the Benks Pro with the white full faced .20 screen protector. It looked great on the review but I was concerned the .05 extra would make for a noticeable difference in depth at the home button and was also thinking the white would not match and look fake. Once I received it and did the install I was super excited about the precise cutouts, great color match and overall feel. The Benks is also curved or beveled around the home button and edges so it feels as thin as the .15 feather. Loving that it works with my case.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
So who's going to be the first to try a Benks 0.20 Unique Pro with a non-force PowerSupport Air Jacket to see if it's compatible??

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
The Power Support is less aggressive on the edges than the Apple cases, isn't it? The Benks Pro fits fine with Apple Silicone and cases like Caudabe Veil and Shumuri.

boba7523

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Promised everyone some better pictures of my IMOS 3D screen protector last weekend but was unfortunately a bit busy. I've already installed 2 of these, one on my gf's (white 6+) and my own (black 6+).

I took pictures step by step of my install, maybe I'll create a review thread if you guys want me to. LMK

I gotta say my black 6+ came out better looking than the white one :cool:

Cs0J7Xg.jpg

qM9kOQr.jpg

ZcssgRN.jpg

yHAFPbb.jpg

The guys at GoProtect.net helped me out a lot since I did have some trouble on my girlfriend's phone. However it came out so much easier when I eventually installed in on my own because of the tips they gave me :D

Last edited:

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Promised everyone some better pictures of my IMOS 3D screen protector last weekend but was unfortunately a bit busy. I've already installed 2 of these, one on my gf's (white 6+) and my own (black 6+).

I took pictures step by step of my install, maybe I'll create a review thread if you guys want me to. LMK

I gotta say my black 6+ came out better looking than the white one :cool:

The guys at GoProtect.net helped me out a lot since I did have some trouble on my girlfriend's phone. However it came out so much easier when I eventually installed in on my own because of the tips they gave me :D

Gorgeous!! I have an Imos that I am going to install this weekend on my husband's phone--any pointers or tips are appreciated!

Kristin

boba7523

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Gorgeous!! I have an Imos that I am going to install this weekend on my husband's phone--any pointers or tips are appreciated!

Kristin

Hi Kristin,

Be prepared to spend some time on this.. You'll need some patience so don't do it if you're having a stressful day!:p

1. Prepare some extra isopropyl alcohol (71%) and a clean microfiber towel just in case your phone is extra dirty. I specifically said 71% because if its too strong I believe it may damage any coating on the screen.

2. Get a compressed air can!(THIS IS A MUST) These things work wonders and will help you get rid of lint and dust off the screen.

3. Save one of the dust removal stickers to take off the backing film (very important step). Just stick it on the corner and peel it off, using your nails to pick at it may damage the screen backing.
W3xBPli.jpg

Halfway through writing this I've decided to make a review/guide instead since this is pretty much what I'm doing. Stay posted Kristin! :)

Also you can contact the guys at www.goprotect.net, visit their website and e-mail them! They are really helpful and pretty fast on response time.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Hi Kristin,

Be prepared to spend some time on this.. You'll need some patience so don't do it if you're having a stressful day!:p

1. Prepare some extra isopropyl alcohol (71%) and a clean microfiber towel just in case your phone is extra dirty. I specifically said 71% because if its too strong I believe it may damage any coating on the screen.

2. Get a compressed air can!(THIS IS A MUST) These things work wonders and will help you get rid of lint and dust off the screen.

3. Save one of the dust removal stickers to take off the backing film (very important step). Just stick it on the corner and peel it off, using your nails to pick at it may damage the screen backing.

Halfway through writing this I've decided to make a review/guide instead since this is pretty much what I'm doing. Stay posted Kristin! :)

Also you can contact the guys at www.goprotect.net, visit their website and e-mail them! They are really helpful and pretty fast on response time.

Thanks!! Can't wait to see the rest of it!!

Kristin

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Hi Kristin,

Do you think the Magpul Field case would be compatible with the iMos?

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I have a Magpul Field Case--I can try it on once I put the Imos on...

Kristin

When will you test this?

I plan to order the Magpul case and iMos tomorrow, but I need confirmation before I make a huge investment.

Thanks

EDIT:
I just found out that the iMos is indeed compatible with the Magpul.

Last edited:

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
When will you test this?

I plan to order the Magpul case and iMos tomorrow, but I need confirmation before I make a huge investment.

Thanks

EDIT:
I just found out that the iMos is indeed compatible with the Magpul.
Ok, sounds like you might already have your answer , but I'll be putting the Imos on tomorrow, and will know then...

Kristin

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the Armorz extreme r with curve protection.
It is thinner and cheaper than Imos.
Before Cinder come out, i think this one is a better option if you want a real edge to edge SP.:)

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008

Here is the Armorz extreme r with curve protection.
It is thinner and cheaper than Imos.
Before Cinder come out, i think this one is a better option if you want a real edge to edge SP.:)

Where did you buy this? In US, not on Amazon or on their site. It is listed, but cannot click on amazon link to buy it.

charis1113

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2012
Where did you buy this? In US, not on Amazon or on their site. It is listed, but cannot click on amazon link to buy it.

I didn't buy it online, i bought it from a store in Hong Kong.
Maybe you can ask them on their Facebook page.

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
Anyone knows where i can buy this armorz curveprotect online, with a shipment option to europe?

Thanks in advance!

karlleuang

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
bentonville ,AR
i guess that is only one thing you need to know

all the glass screen protector made in China

If you can afford the price ,it is pretty easy to make good quality , excellent design products that will last long and long

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.