Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaulklet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
California
Hello all,

I have already tried to use the search feature before creating a new thread. I have tried google as well but there's no solid answer out there and the apple discussion just sucks when I looked in there. I see people having the same problems as well but I have yet to find a solution so any help is appreciated.

The problem is that whenever the iPhone restarts, all the messages are deleted and it looks like a new phone with no texts. Settings are set to keep the messages forever so I don't know what the issue really is. Currently running iOS 9.3.1 on iPhone 6s. It sucks that all the messages are gone and I don't think there even is a way to recover them unless you had your stuff backed up. So what seems to cause the phone to deleted all the text messages every time the phone restarts?

Thank you for any help

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
How are you restarting your iPhone? I've restarted and never lost messages. Also, you're two updates behind, the latest version is iOS 9.3.3.

chaulklet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2016
California
How are you restarting your iPhone? I've restarted and never lost messages. Also, you're two updates behind, the latest version is iOS 9.3.3.

Just normal turn to slide off and turn it back on. I know i'm behind but it shouldn't matter as much right? Can't seem to figure out what's causing it.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So any time you start the messages app is just empty after that? But nothing else is different in any way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.