Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Upgrade to next iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 204 59.1%
  • No, I'll wait for next year's iPhone

Votes: 141 40.9%

• Total voters

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Yes, but only bc I'm using my wife's upgrade to get more storage. Can't handle 16 GB anymore. Also, she'll get my 6, which will be a big upgrade for her from a 4(S).

vintimus

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2012
Yea, to a 6S+ or whatever they end up officially calling it. Will be the last upgrade I will do for a while (wedding next year), so I'm going for the larger screen this time.

MaxBga

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2015
France
I was saying that I wouldn't upgrade since the design is the thing that makes me do every time.. But I will. I really hope that there will be surprises to make it even more exciting. I love Apple & I want to experience what's going on at the same time as everybody else lol

Changing the color of my iPhone makes me want to buy this 6s Plus even more though... Going back to black since having a white iPhone annoys me when it comes to chose cases to match.

Reactions: Cape Dave

Vilacr

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2002
I upgrade every other iPhone. In between I go galaxy note. So I alternate between iphones and galaxy note phones.

Reactions: kenny allen

Surrylic

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Normally I only get one every other year because I don't like wasting money. This time around I got a 6+ about a week ago through a T-Mobile deal, and it'll allow me to upgrade at no penalty to the 6S... So for once in life, I am upgrading from a base to an S model (I guess it only kind of counts considering I'll only have the 6 for like a month and a half).

Reactions: Benched08

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
I'm skipping this update. My understanding is that IOS 9 should make my 6 plus perform much better--the way it should have in the first place. So I'll take that performance improvement and feel like I have a new phone. I'm really annoyed with IOS 8 performance and I don't feel like I need an upgrade.

Reactions: tkukoc

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2011
I will for sure be going back to the plus. I sold my plus as this is the best time to sell prior to the announcement of the "s" variant. In result, I have been using a regular 6 (received it as a dud, but replaced it for a brand new device 1 week ago) for about 1 week now and I must say, I will never be downgrading to a regular 6 in the future !
I was unsure at first with a 5.5" screen, but having used the plus for almost 1 year, it is definitely the screen size for me !
The 4.7" seems like an unpleasant toy that I just put up with. The plus is a much more "enjoyable" experience and will be my go to phone size from here on out.

Noble Actual

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Considering the iPhone 4 lasted me 4 years, honestly when I use my iPhone 6, it still feels new at times, like something from the future: Great, large display, super fast, apple pay, continuity/handoff, plays Hearthstone super well.

No reason to upgrade.

Reactions: professional445

Derived

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2015
Midwest
Real heads don't do fake upgrades. If the number didn't change, it's not really an upgrade.

You're aware that the S models are 100% entire different inside from the previous model, right? The 6S will probably be the biggest change ever too, on top of that. What a silly thing to say...

Reactions: Jstuts5797

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Not a chance, there's nothing on this device that is a have to right now. There's hardly any applications that work hand in hand with the current generation and push it to it's limits. So I might as well wait for iphone 7 to come out.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
You're aware that the S models are 100% entire different inside from the previous model, right? The 6S will probably be the biggest change ever too, on top of that. What a silly thing to say...
How do you figure? There is nothing in the rumors that says biggest change.

There is no UX paradigm shift like with TouchID.
There is no new cellular network like 2G to 3G, or 3/4G to LTE.

The best we have, is more cpu (lolz for mobile apps), and force touch.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I typically upgrade every year with iOS devices. The only one I have skipped entirely is the iPad 4 only because it was released only 6 months after the 3. I didn't get the iPhone 5C because I got the 5S instead. I will be upgrading from the 6 Plus to the 6S Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.