Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which phone would you prefer?

• OnePlus 3

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • iPhone 6 Plus

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

andy317

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Hi all,

I currently have an iPhone 6 Plus (128GB) and (in theory) due to upgrade this time to the iPhone 7(Plus) as I bought my iPhone outright 2 years ago.

I have been toying with the idea of getting the OnePlus 3 as I do like the look of it and I really don't fancy paying such a huge amount again for another iPhone as if I was to get the equivalent of my current one it would be £819.

So, I think my current options are either keeping my iPhone 6 Plus or switching to the OP3 and would like your opinion.

I'm sure someone on here has one or can give me an idea of what Android is like as I have never had one before.

Thanks in advance
Andy

werked

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I think you would like the OnePlus 3. Spec wise it is hard to beat. The 3 looks wise is very similar to the iPhone 7 plus. I'm actually thinking of picking one up myself for those days when I'm missing Android. Looks to be a great device all around.
If you've never used Android it may take a while to figure it all out but it is MUCH more customizable and the OxygenOS is built off of Android Marshmallow with some tweaks.

Leo90

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2014
Switzerland
I am phoneless at the moment as I just sold my 6S Plus in order to buy a 7 Plus. But it's been so frustrating trying to find a 7 Plus 128 in stock that I am also wondering how it would be like if I gave a shot to Android with OnePlus 3. I am a heavy iOS user and I love iOS but I've been watching OP3 reviews and it seems to be the best bang for the buck at the moment. Meanwhile, still trying to find a 7Plus...

werked

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
An option would be to buy the OnePlus and test drive it....if you don't like it you can sell it for almost what you have in it then buy the iPhone.

andy317

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I think you would like the OnePlus 3. Spec wise it is hard to beat. The 3 looks wise is very similar to the iPhone 7 plus. I'm actually thinking of picking one up myself for those days when I'm missing Android. Looks to be a great device all around.
If you've never used Android it may take a while to figure it all out but it is MUCH more customizable and the OxygenOS is built off of Android Marshmallow with some tweaks.
I have been thinking about it recently.

I am invested in Google a bit more than Apple. With Apple I have an iPad and MacBook but don't really use iCloud.

With Google I use Gmail and Drive, contacts, calendars, maps and photos.

Reactions: werked

werked

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I have been thinking about it recently.

I am invested in Google a bit more than Apple. With Apple I have an iPad and MacBook but don't really use iCloud.

With Google I use Gmail and Drive, contacts, calendars, maps and photos.

Same here. Google everything for me.

Waine06

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta
Very good phone. Had one but returned it. No problems with it, just concerns about customer service. I considered purchasing again because it is very good. At the end of the day I prefer iOS. Great price tho.

andy317

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
Very good phone. Had one but returned it. No problems with it, just concerns about customer service. I considered purchasing again because it is very good. At the end of the day I prefer iOS. Great price tho.

What concerns did you have regarding customer service?

The other thing I forgot to mention was the phone would be passed on to the Mrs as she is currently using an iPhone 5 (16GB).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.