Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Convenience of only needing to take one item with me that can store my most used credit cards + id, and a bit of cash which I rarely ever need to use anymore. I use the BookBook case for my iphone 6+

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Convenience of only needing to take one item with me that can store my most used credit cards + id, and a bit of cash which I rarely ever need to use anymore. I use the BookBook case for my iphone 6+

For me I usually carry a small purse as I need to take my car key fob with me. I also very rarely carry my phone on m pocket. If I'm exercising, I use a flipbelt. So for my use, I like a super thin case for grip and scratch protection.

The wallet case is enticing though.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
For me I usually carry a small purse as I need to take my car key fob with me. I also very rarely carry my phone on m pocket. If I'm exercising, I use a flipbelt. So for my use, I like a super thin case for grip and scratch protection.

The wallet case is enticing though.

Luckily I can fit the phone into my pants pocket and I have changed my front door to a key less entry (touchpad combo) so no need to carry keys with me. When I do carry a purse I never put the phone in it in case its snatched they won't find my home address and breaking in with keys or my credit/debit cards. Now that I think about it I have always had a bookbook case for the previous versions of iPhone ....

ganourpm

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2015
i think so,thanks for your sharing
3sf

TheKevinFang

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2015
Would you recommend a screen protector with a wallet case?

Debating between slim case with glass screen protector, or just a wallet case.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
I once tried a screen protector even with using a wallet case but hated it, no matter how I tried and even had one put on at the store it ended up with bubbles appearing and I hated the feel of the film over the glass so I took the film off within a week of having it on. If you get a wallet case then no need for the film but if you go with just a back case then yes I do think you need a film on the glass. I have seen friends phones with out a film and its not a pretty sight after a few months. It really depends on how much you baby the phone, if you just throw it down and into bags with other stuff then yes its going to get banged up and scratched no matter what they tell you.

tsevince

macrumors regular
May 19, 2015
Personally for me, it comes down to how much bulk you can deal with. Any wallet case is going to double the size of your iPhone.

Yes, you'll be able to not have to carry the bulk of your wallet, but part of that bulk is transferred to your iPhone, which you have to remember is being used on constantly on a daily basis, compared to a wallet that sits in your pocket. Constant usage of your iPhone and having to deal with that extra bulk may not be favourable for many, especially if it's a flip wallet case, where the flap can constantly get in the way.

This is not to say it's terrible, it's just not suited for everyone. Personally, if you do decide to go with a wallet case, I'd recommend the Twelve South BookBook. It has a detachable slim case from the flip wallet portion, which means you don't need to deal with the bulk all the time!

Shameless plug, I've got a review of it on my channel if you're interested in learning more about it.

Reactions: dk206
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.