Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Argelius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Does anyone know of a website or image that allows you to print out life-size iPhone 6 (rumored) outline dimensions?

I'd like to just see little pieces of paper representing the 4.7 and 5.5" iPhone 6s to get an idea what they'll feel like. (Sort of like a poor-man's 3D printed model)....

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I don't know if there are any printable outlines but I just went to a store that had display models of other phone that were about the same size as the 4.7 and 5.5 would be. Of course it's not going to be the perfect, exact size that the IPhone 6 would be. But it will be close. I decided that the 5.5 is just way too big so I'll be getting the 4.7.

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I don't know if there are any printable outlines but I just went to a store that had display models of other phone that were about the same size as the 4.7 and 5.5 would be. Of course it's not going to be the perfect, exact size that the IPhone 6 would be. But it will be close. I decided that the 5.5 is just way too big so I'll be getting the 4.7.

Should be interesting what the width of the screens will look like. Agreed on the 5.5. I had the Galaxy Note 3 for a while. While it was a cool device, the size was just too much and it felt like hard work.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Should be interesting what the width of the screens will look like. Agreed on the 5.5. I had the Galaxy Note 3 for a while. While it was a cool device, the size was just too much and it felt like hard work.

I figure they'll probably have to widen it at least slightly but who knows. I figured this will let me see approximately what it would be like. I thought about a phone around the 5.5 size. I've never used one but it did seen like hard work holding one at the store. I have small hands so holding that up to my ear just seemed like too much. I'm excited to see what Apple does.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I threw together this 4.7" iPhone 6 printout thingamajig. It's not 100% accurate, but hopefully this is decent enough to get an idea of what the size of a 4.7" iPhone might look/feel like. I'll make a 5.5" one too.

Attachments

• iPhone 6 4.7-inch Printout.jpg
    iPhone 6 4.7-inch Printout.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 12,632

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
I threw together this 4.7" iPhone 6 printout thingamajig. It's not 100% accurate, but hopefully this is decent enough to get an idea of what the size of a 4.7" iPhone might look/feel like. I'll make a 5.5" one too.

PLEASE make the 5.5! Lol! I printed and made the 4.7 and its GREAT for comparing to my 5s! Awesome job!

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Does anyone know of a website or image that allows you to print out life-size iPhone 6 (rumored) outline dimensions?

I'd like to just see little pieces of paper representing the 4.7 and 5.5" iPhone 6s to get an idea what they'll feel like. (Sort of like a poor-man's 3D printed model)....

PLEASE make the 5.5! Lol! I printed and made the 4.7 and its GREAT for comparing to my 5s! Awesome job!

Here's the 5.5" printout. I based both of the printouts on an image from a case maker with the alleged sizes for each alleged device. Hopefully this one is also pretty decent...

Feel free to share them!

Also, I really dig the 5.5" one. That would be so perfect for me.

Attachments

• iphone6-55-case.jpg
    iphone6-55-case.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 1,898
  • iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout.jpg
    iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24,604
Last edited:

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Here's the 5.5" printout. I based both of the printouts on an image from a case maker with the alleged sizes for each alleged device. Hopefully this one is also pretty decent...

Feel free to share them!

Also, I really dig the 5.5" one. That would be so perfect for me.

Thanks!! I have put the 4.7 together and I think its too big for me!! Lol! I will print the 5.5 now and see how that one is :)

thehopscotch

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
US
Thanks so much for making these!!
Question...
What browser are you printing these from? I just tried to print from Chrome (and made sure "fit to page" was NOT checked) and they came out much smaller than they should have. The 5.5 was the same size as my 5S and the 4.7 was smaller! Obviously I did something wrong...or the Chrome browser just doesn't like me printing them!

Tried doing landscape and using the printer dialogue (vs the Chrome dialogue) and still having no luck. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks so much for making these!!
Question...
What browser are you printing these from? I just tried to print from Chrome (and made sure "fit to page" was NOT checked) and they came out much smaller than they should have. The 5.5 was the same size as my 5S and the 4.7 was smaller! Obviously I did something wrong...or the Chrome browser just doesn't like me printing them!

Tried doing landscape and using the printer dialogue (vs the Chrome dialogue) and still having no luck. Any thoughts?

I had the smae problem, you have to download (save) the image to your computer, then print that version :)

thehopscotch

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
US
I saved these to my Desktop and Printed in Preview on my Mac. When I hit Print you need to change the scale to 100%

Thanks! I will give that a shot. I was also trying to print from my work PC, so I'll do it from my Mac and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks again!

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Thanks for making this. I get that it is based on rumours, but it really gives me a good idea of what to expect. Plus now I can compare it side by side with my iPhone 5 to get a feel of how much size I'll be adding. Still not a fan of the size of that top bezel, but I can't do anything about that.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I made some more showing the keyboard, get an idea of what typing might be like on potential larger screens. Maybe Apple would design them differently for larger screens, who knows!

Attachments

• iPhone 6 4.7 Printout with Keyboard.jpg
    iPhone 6 4.7 Printout with Keyboard.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 8,181
  • iPhone 6 4.7 Printout with Keyboard 2.jpg
    iPhone 6 4.7 Printout with Keyboard 2.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 1,419
  • iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout w Keyboard.jpg
    iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout w Keyboard.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 875
  • iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout w Keyboard 2.jpg
    iPhone 6 5.5-inch Printout w Keyboard 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,432

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Thank you so much for doing these outlines. Like a lot of other people, I'm having trouble deciding between the 4.7" and 5.5" After seeing the outlines, I think I will go with the 5.5". It looks to me that the 4.7" actual screen size really isn't that much larger than my iPhone 5. I really wanted a much bigger screen.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Thank you so much for doing these outlines. Like a lot of other people, I'm having trouble deciding between the 4.7" and 5.5" After seeing the outlines, I think I will go with the 5.5". It looks to me that the 4.7" actual screen size really isn't that much larger than my iPhone 5. I really wanted a much bigger screen.

Let's hope a 5.5" one even comes out! :eek:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I made some more showing the keyboard, get an idea of what typing might be like on potential larger screens. Maybe Apple would design them differently for larger screens, who knows!

Presuming these are relatively accurate (I measured the screen diagonally - 4.7" was just right, the 5.5" seems a tiny bit bigger but not by much), here they are in relation to an iPhone 5 and iPad mini case.

The 5.5" seems massive - looks a bit ridiculous trying to make calls on it. The 4.7" seems nice, though I can't help feeling 5" would've been the sweet spot. Oh well, I'll have to see both before deciding, presuming both even come out.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 469
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 562

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Presuming these are relatively accurate (I measured the screen diagonally - 4.7" was just right, the 5.5" seems a tiny bit bigger but not by much), here they are in relation to an iPhone 5 and iPad mini case.

The 5.5" seems massive - looks a bit ridiculous trying to make calls on it. The 4.7" seems nice, though I can't help feeling 5" would've been the sweet spot. Oh well, I'll have to see both before deciding, presuming both even come out.

I'm glad they're at least partially accurate! I tend to muck things up when it comes to measuring things out. Just to get an idea of a larger sized device.

Yeah, 5.5" is huge! I imagine that if Apple did design it, it wouldn't have such thick bezels to cut down on size. I would just use the EarPods for talking on the phone at that size! But if Apple does announce a 5.5" iPhone, or just anything larger than a 4.7" I'll be getting the bigger one.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Excellent job making these mockups. 4.7 seems about right for me. I wouldn't want to carry anything larger in my pocket all day. The 5.5 is just silly. It wouldn't fit in most pockets and would be just plain embarrassing to use as a phone in public. :eek:

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
I also printed them! They are great for getting a general idea of how big the screens might be :) I am actually happy with the 4 inch screen :D I had a little trouble reaching all of the corners of the screen on the 4.7 inch screen. To the person that make these; THANK YOU! These are great and I hope you make some with some games on the screen (angry birds, asphalt 7, real racing ect...) becuase that would be awesome! :apple: :apple: :apple:

Daniel3102

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2014
Hey could someone make a life sized iPhone 4s printable model? I can't seem to find one that is as good as the quality as the 4.7 and 5.5 iP6 above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.