Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
new iPhone designs

I LOVE the 5.7 inch design of the iPhone 6. That is perfect for all the uses I have for a phone which I rarely use as a phone vs. an internet communicator and mobile computer :)

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
I still like the idea of a 3.5" iPhone and a 5" plus size. Nice to have a one handed phone option. This looks fine, it does not appear to go against any type of design ideas Apple would dislike.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
A man can't have both? Are they going to measure us when we order a new iPhone?

Haha fair play, seriously though I wouldnt want a phone any bigger than I have now, id feel silly taking calls on it. It would be good if they gave the user a choice of 3 sizes, 4", 4.7" and 5.5"

sebastian...

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
It would be great to be able to skip the bag altogether and just put a larger-format phone in my pocket (because contrary to fanboy belief, it does fit in pants that fit normal human beings).

Which normal human being pocket ? The one from the left or the one from the right ?

1313010529_shaq-hoopz-290.jpg

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
I see a lot of women putting phones in the back pockets. Myself I'd be worried about breakage. Because I use the iPhone 5s with a Mophie case, I use a belt holster. Before I used the Mophie, I kept it in my pocket.

When only carrying a single iPhone in a horizontal case, there is generally room for a weapon holster in between the same two belt loops, if the weapon is worn behind the phone.

ksbucknor

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
something they may want to do

Hey...do you.....do you think maybe, they might wanna make an actual working second speaker? Not one that echoes the other and goes nearly silent if you cover the working speaker?:confused:

ksbucknor

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
really.......

Are people actually basing buying a CELL phone on rather or not it can fit into your pocket??? Ummm... isn't the phone to be used for phone stuff like talking, surfing the net, watching a Youtube video or movie? So when not in use put it 1) in a friggin case 2) clip THE CASE to your belt or belt loops.

----------

I think now is the time for Apple to make a bigger screen. I mean one that makes sense. Not stretching it across this same size phone..but a larger phone with a larger screen. Otherwise why would I upgrade my phone any further? Software updates are free.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
This is what I want my next phone to look like, except in 4.7" instead of 5.7". I know this isn't a phone, but it's what I want. (image taken from Engadget for reference)
6NQ59bR.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.