Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
"A all aluminum back would cause antenna issues" Wasn't the very first iPhone all aluminum?
It had a plastic "rf window", ala cellular ipads.

Then they were all plastic back. 3G/3GS
Then all glass back. 4/4S
Now they are back to having aluminum with glass "rf windows". 5/5S
And now coming back to an all plastic back. 5C, 6C?

I see a pattern developing.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
It had a plastic "rf window", ala cellular ipads.

Then they were all plastic back. 3G/3GS
Then all glass back. 4/4S
Now they are back to having aluminum with glass "rf windows". 5/5S
And now coming back to an all plastic back. 5C, 6C?

That's right! The black part on the back. Ok,gotcha...

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
It's not a very attractive mockup but it still looks way better than the Samsung S5.

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
Wow i really like this design. Especially the greeny color and that plasticy material!

Said nobody ever.

exizeo

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2014
I love it. Plus, I can get a matching Porsche:

I love the 997.1 GT3 RS and it's wonderful array of colours...that crazy orange was awesome, too. Should totally be a iPhone 5c colour.

Pity the newer 991 GT3 doesn't have anything as simply incredible. Just the usual Porsche colors.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I love the 997.1 GT3 RS and it's wonderful array of colours...that crazy orange was awesome, too. Should totally be a iPhone 5c colour.

Pity the newer 991 GT3 doesn't have anything as simply incredible. Just the usual Porsche colors.

Me too. It’s one of the few cars where the crazy color options just _work_. Too bad the new platform/991 lost some of that GT3 character.

Probably the most fun car I’ve ever driven on track (wasn’t mine, a friend/instructor) - orange with black details (like exactly like the green car above).

Cheers! :)

macintoshi

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2008
Switzerland
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Last week we posted renderings of what the iPhone 6 might look like based on leaked design drawings of the unreleased device. Since that time, we've seen early cases and possible design molds for the device.

Ferry Passchier, the designer we commissioned for the original designs, has rethought the design as if it was modeled after the iPhone 5c with colorful plastic backings. Passchier produced these renderings with that in mind:

The original renderings assumed it followed Apple's aluminum design of the iPhone 5s, though an all-aluminum design would introduce issues with Apple's antenna design.

Apple is expected to release the iPhone 6 this fall, and we expect to see more design and part leaks as production starts ramping up.

Article Link: iPhone 6 Renders Reimagined as iPhone 6c
Well another iPhun tobe skipped!

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I'd like a white iPhone C (white back and black bezel) but with the same specs as the new iPhone when I upgrade later this year and would willingly pay more than the 5C's price. I do not care for aluminum back whatsoever and prefer the feel of polycarbonate with its rounded edges.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
WIFI, gps, bluetooth rf antenna behind windows.

Did you read the article?

the iPhone 5 has only two, says IHS. The interesting bit is how the phone manages to switch between the two in a constant manner to make WiFi and cellular data transfers.

“This is the most complex radio antenna design that I've seen on any phone I've examined," Lam said

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Did you read the article?

The article is incorrect. Unresearched gibberish.

Here is WIFI antenna, small patch, behind the rear glass at the top.

hiMmDGcapJnjTsEb.medium

bytbI1dmCgHYoOmb.medium

--ifixit

edit:
This is also why Apple says do not obstruct antenna windows with metal in the case design guidelines
https://developer.apple.com/resources/cases/Case-Design-Guidelines.pdf

mtbgtr

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
To reiterate my first post:

The renderings of the alleged drawings are wrong. There is separation between the case and the back, so the antennae issue is moot. Edit : Menel's post above X2

tittytroll

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
Yuck!
seriously you are wasting your money commissioning this guy.no offence but he has no talent,at least not in designing phones.
he just re-scales and mixes an iPad mini with an iPhone 5c on photoshop and call it his design!
it looks terrible,thanks god the real Apple product will not look like this.

Where does this person state it's his design? He clearly follows the drawings, as he was asked to do so.

Based on those drawings, MacRumors commissioned designer Ferry Passchier to create some full product renderings of the rumored iPhone 6.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I guess I'm one of the few who really likes the 5C. My only complaint has been the lack of higher capacity versions. If the 6 is designed like the 5C and has a 64 gb version, I'm getting it.

I'm with you. If it had TouchId, I'd probably prefer it over my 5S. Just more comfortable.

tittytroll

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
I kinda like the idea of having a 4,7" iPhone, but I don't want it to be a C-device. I don't want to go bigger in order to get a premium iPhone.

About the color: blue is the only acceptable color other then black :D

mtbgtr

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
If the schematics shown previously are to be believed as from the next iPhone, then it will have to have a plastic back - because there is no antennae windows shown.

Wrong. Look at the drawings of the back again. There is clearly no indication of a solid case/back. There is clearly separation of the case from the backing like the present models. This doesn't rule out a solid plastic back but it is not a solid back of any kind in the drawings

mirko.meschini

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
Italy
I'm quite sure there won't be a 6c this year. Xc model is for introduce more differences between X model and Xs model, to move consumers preferences to the Xs model with a higher price and to move production capacity (limited for alluminium body) to the higher margin Xs model. So this year 5c, 5s and 6. Next year 5s, 6c and 6s.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Whatever happened to "Screens shouldn't be big due to usability issues," I thought Apple was set on the 3.5-4.0" screens? Honestly they should've done it earlier rather than later.

That was one of my main complaints, and personally I find a 4.7" very usable with my medium sized hands (I'm only 5'8)..

Anyways I'm glad the next iPhone is going to be bigger, I know these are probably still rumors, but the past few years the rumors have been very accurate, so hopefully they are true..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.