Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As the first reviews of both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus hit the Internet, T3 took the opportunity to post the first unboxing of the iPhone 6, depicting the specific packaging and layout of the box for the smaller device.

The video starts off showing off the new packaging for the iPhone 6, which, unlike the packaging for other Apple products, does not feature a color photo of the device on the outside. Instead, the box features a white, textured silhouette of the device inside. The rest of the video goes through standard unboxing protocol, showing off included documentation, the EarPods and the Lightning cable.

Apple will begin selling both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus this Friday, September 19. The standard 16 GB configuration of the iPhone 6 will start at $199 with a two-year contract while the iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299.

Article Link: First iPhone 6 Unboxing Video Surfaces

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
I'm happy to see there is once again a SIM removal device (fancy paperclip).

stan1028

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Seems weird not to have a picture of the iPhone on the front of the box, like previous models.

Not sure if the unboxing is done on the iPhone for development purposes.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
I'm happy to see there is once again a SIM removal device (fancy paperclip).

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. If I'm not mistaken, iPhone in the UK is sold unlocked, at least from Apple...

It'd be cool to get a SIM removal tool, but I doubt we'll get one, at least for the U.S. subsidized models.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Seems weird not to have a picture of the iPhone on the front of the box, like previous models.

The box in the video is the same box that Apple shows on their website. Not sure if it's final though.

wickerman1893

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2008

If you look close enough, I'm pretty sure there is a white sticker covering up the iPhone picture on the front of the box.

Mukist

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2014
They will milk the iPhone and i-devices as much as they can until they just are not that exciting to people anymore, that's when you will start seeing risk taking and innovation again. Although you could argue that the best time for them to do some innovative risk taking is right now while they have the obnoxious amount of cash flow they do right now.

Gotta love apple though, just hope to never see them like they were in the 90's ever again.

----------

Am I the only one shocked by the new power plug?

This is obviously a Euro version so don't get too excited. Also if that was sarcasm you didn't do a very good job at hinting it was sarcasm.

----------

Does anyone know what the hole next to the 3.5 mm jack is for? Mic maybe?

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Why is there no phone on the front of the box? Also, where is the protective plastic on the phone. I dono about that unboxing...

ilovemyibook

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2006
Why is there no phone on the front of the box? Also, where is the protective plastic on the phone. I dono about that unboxing...

It's obvious that he's already done the unboxing. Do you HAVE to see him peel the screen protector off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.