Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Im running the PB and I switched from a 5s to a 6, but on my 6, the Watch app and the Weather app are showing up like in a lower resolution, like as if they are scaled for the 5s or something. It's weird, anyone have this issue or low what is wrong? Could it just be a beta bug?

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
You seem to have answered your own question
Ah ok, figured that's probably what it was. Hopefully it's nothing to do with my backup which was restored to this 6 via iTunes. But I'm sure it's just a weird bug. Should be ironed out in the GM I would hope! Does anyone else have this bug?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ah ok, figured that's probably what it was. Hopefully it's nothing to do with my backup which was restored to this 6 via iTunes. But I'm sure it's just a weird bug. Should be ironed out in the GM I would hope! Does anyone else have this bug?

Can you post a screen shot? Weather app looks like it's scaled correctly on my 6 on PB 3. I wanna see the difference.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida

Should be fine come the GM but if not, a restore would fix it.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    605 KB · Views: 370
  • image.png
    image.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 254

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Strange. Definitely different than mine. It's just those two apps? Are you positive you don't have zoomed turned on in Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom?
Yep, it is set to standard.
And an app such as notes shows up fine.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 142
  • image.png
    image.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 133

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Yep, it is set to standard.
And an app such as notes shows up fine.

So weird. While it's probably too late in the beta cycle (since GM is probably already done.) I would report it in the feedback app if you haven't yet with the screen shots. But like batting1000 said l, it will more than likely resolve itself once you install the GM, which is very soon (or try reinstalling the beta now)

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
So weird. While it's probably too late in the beta cycle (since GM is probably already done.) I would report it in the feedback app if you haven't yet with the screen shots. But like batting1000 said l, it will more than likely resolve itself once you install the GM, which is very soon (or try reinstalling the beta now)
I just sent the feedback. I also tried turning it to zoomed mode and then turning it back to standard, and it didn't change anything.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
how do you know it's 'just' a beta bug when we haven't seen GM. it should be reported :)

Only makes sense. It's not present in iOS 8, or at least I've never heard of it. What's your explanation?

No use in reporting it. GM is already done and being loaded onto devices in the factory as we speak.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Only makes sense. It's not present in iOS 8, or at least I've never heard of it. What's your explanation?

No use in reporting it. GM is already done and being loaded onto devices in the factory as we speak.
Bugs that are reported now but too late to be fixed in the GM can still be fixed in later releases.

my point was it may not 'just' be a beta bug- it could also be in the GM and/or continue to be in iOS until Apple fix it, and reporting it may help get it fixed sooner. we can't tell whether Apple know about it already, so always worth reporting

get me now? :)

bmin1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
@JerTheGeek, Is the problem solved? I have the same problem. I also restored my iPhone 6s from iPhone 5s backup (9.1 PB2), and weather and passbook apps are zoom in (other stock and 3rd party apps are fine). My guess is something is wrong with restoration, and I hope it'll be sorted out when I upgrade to next beta.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
@JerTheGeek, Is the problem solved? I have the same problem. I also restored my iPhone 6s from iPhone 5s backup (9.1 PB2), and weather and passbook apps are zoom in (other stock and 3rd party apps are fine). My guess is something is wrong with restoration, and I hope it'll be sorted out when I upgrade to next beta.
Mine is back to normal I'm on 9.1 b1.

bmin1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2015
Did it go back to normal when you update to 9.1 b1? My guess is it happened during the restoration, and I'm expecting it'll be sorted out in the next update (not because it's specifically handled but updating reset some stuff).

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Did it go back to normal when you update to 9.1 b1? My guess is it happened during the restoration, and I'm expecting it'll be sorted out in the next update (not because it's specifically handled but updating reset some stuff).
I believe so yes. I just updated OTA and they are normal now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.