Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iPhone 6s and 6s Plus sales will expand to several additional countries on October 23 as part of a fourth wave launch, with the device becoming available in Serbia, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, and Guam.

There are no Apple retail locations in those countries, but various Apple Reseller Stores and carriers will begin offering the two new iPhones on that date.

iPhone-6s-main-800x337.jpg

Starting tomorrow, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus sales are expanding to more than 40 additional countries around the world. Currently, the devices are only available in first wave launch countries that include Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, the UK, and the United States.

Launches in various countries will happen on the following dates:

October 9: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Taiwan
October 10: Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates
October 16: India, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, South Africa, and Turkey
October 23: Belarus, Guam, Moldova, Serbia, and Ukraine

The iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will continue to expand to additional countries throughout 2015, as Apple has said it plans to make the two devices available in more than 130 countries by the end of the year.

Update: According to Apple's site, the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will also be launching in Israel on October 15, Macedonia, Malta, and Montenegro on October 16, and South Korea on October 23.

Article Link: iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Launching in Belarus, Guam, Moldova, Serbia and Ukraine on October 23 [Updated]

jpgr15

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2015
First world problem, I know, but I feel lucky to live in a first wave country. As a yearly upgrader, I would hate to have to wait so long after release to buy a phone only to have the next generation nipping my heels.

lirn8

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
israel
Iphone 6s and 6s plus coming to Israel on October 15th
We don't have apple stores but iDigital will market it with the cell phones carriers

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
First world problem, I know, but I feel lucky to live in a first wave country. As a yearly upgrader, I would hate to have to wait so long after release to buy a phone only to have the next generation nipping my heels.
Actually, Apple supply chain continues to amaze - 1-2 weeks after the 1st wave, all these countries are getting the phone - not long ago, it would have been several months

S G

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
I don't get why Serbia is the only country without an App Store. Every other place has one (except Guam and Andorra that don't even have an independent currency). Hard to ask people to buy Apple phones or tablets if you won't provide them with an official way to put software on it.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Here in the UK the 6S+ is so out of stock everywhere it's crazy! First get those replenished please!

t0mbola

macrumors member
May 30, 2011
Midnight iPhone 6s launch in Slovakia. 1 hour to go...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7,967
Reactions: mpe

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I don't get why Serbia is the only country without an App Store. Every other place has one (except Guam and Andorra that don't even have an independent currency). Hard to ask people to buy Apple phones or tablets if you won't provide them with an official way to put software on it.

Because of the Serbian legal system. It is designed to make a mess of digital payments, especially those that are international, and laws are often not applied anyway. That's the only reason, really. It's not like Apple doesn't want Serbian money. Supposedly, their stance is that they allow Serbian customers to make purchases with the Croatian app store (that works with Serbian credit cards) until the legal issues are sorted out. Who knows when that will be.

BTW, Montenegro also doesn't have an App Store.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Here in the UK the 6S+ is so out of stock everywhere it's crazy! First get those replenished please!

Wow. That's very selfish. Let's do it the other way around. First give me a chance to legally buy one in Serbia, then replenish those in your country. Ok?

Reactions: Sa1Nt

witherwings

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2010
London

Not only Serbia. Portugal also doesn't have any Apple Store. We only rely on authorised sellers. And Belgium just opened their first Apple Store a couple of weeks ago.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Not only Serbia. Portugal also doesn't have any Apple Store. We only rely on authorised sellers. And Belgium just opened their first Apple Store a couple of weeks ago.

You didn't understand, he was talking about the APP store. Not Apple store. Apple store is pure Sci-Fi for Serbia. We have several officially authorized Apple resellers/service providers and, of course, carriers. However, Serbia does not have an App Store. Yup. Really sad. You have to make an account for a different country and not use your real address. You can use a credit card if you make a neighboring Croatian AppleID account.

Sa1Nt

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2014
You didn't understand, he was talking about the APP store. Not Apple store. Apple store is pure Sci-Fi for Serbia. We have several officially authorized Apple resellers/service providers and, of course, carriers. However, Serbia does not have an App Store. Yup. Really sad. You have to make an account for a different country and not use your real address. You can use a credit card if you make a neighboring Croatian AppleID account.

I feel ya bro, but usually using US App Store is better anyway due to larger availability of apps :) I purchase iTunes cards via eBay and just use that to replenish the credit to buy stuff :)

Reactions: aevan

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I feel ya bro, but usually using US App Store is better anyway due to larger availability of apps :) I purchase iTunes cards via eBay and just use that to replenish the credit to buy stuff :)

Yeah, I do that too :)

witherwings

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2010
London

Oh, I read it wrong, sorry my bad. Yeah, that's kinda annoying not having a dedicated App Store.
US has definitely the best App Store for sure. Portuguese App Store is a little bit limited. A lot of apps are not available, apps like Pandora, BBC iPlayer, Facebook Paper and so on.
But I know the hassle... I was in Macau before moving to Portugal and App Store/iTunes Store Macau was open just a couple of years ago (2013 maybe?). When I got my iPhone 4, I still had to rely to App Store Hong Kong or also UK/US as well

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
The UK is more important than Serbia, I'm afraid, so you'll just have to wait in line.

Wow. So big of you. I'm glad that you're more important than me. Either way, because the UK is a more important market, no doubt there, it got their iPhones among the first countries in the world, not among the last, like Serbia. But, now it's time for the rest of us, so if you didn't get yours with the first shipment (like I would, if I was lucky enough to live in the UK), now you'll have to wait.

And adjust your attitude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.