Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
Hello,

Can fellow iPhone 6S / 6S Plus users please test if you loose audio in one earpiece when the headphone is rotated in its jack? It's getting a bit annoying for me because I use my iPhone while running. It seems to be cutting out a lot these days. The Genius Bar tried it on his iPhone 6S and it seemed even worse. Is it by design or is my jack potentially faulty?

Thanks!

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Take a needle and try and see if you don't have a lot of pocket fluff stuck in the audio port.

At least, I had that issue, and removing all that completely fixed it (And my problematic remote).

Reactions: keysofanxiety

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Does the issue persist when using different headphones?

If so, I'd follow the troubleshooting steps above to ensure there's nothing stuck in there.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
It will have issues. And when headphone jack becomes loose, you even need to struggle finding a position to receive audio as expected as it was before.

masands

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
I did take to an Apple Store. But the Genius had the problem on his iPhone 6S too so he thought it is by design and didn't replace my iPhone.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I did take to an Apple Store. But the Genius had the problem on his iPhone 6S too so he thought it is by design and didn't replace my iPhone.

That particular Genius must have been preoccupied with thinking about quantum physics.

It would probably be a good idea to turn the device off before poking something into the headphone jack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.