Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcococo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I've had 2 space grey models & 1 gold iPhone 6S and of of them exhibit this annoying creaking sound on the back just on top of the iPhone logo when pressed firmly. Does anyone else notice this?

marcococo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I've had 2 space grey models & 1 gold iPhone 6S and of of them exhibit this annoying creaking sound on the back just on top of the iPhone logo when pressed firmly. Does anyone else notice this?

DieterV

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
Yes, my first iPhone had a very loud creaking noise. My second has it a little bit. A friend of mine has it to. When you press on the back around the Apple logo, or around the middle the creaking can be heard. Don't know of i am going to return this one because it looks like almost all iPhones have this.

Last edited:

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Okay, this one I'm not going to even check for. I'm not going to take my case off and push on the back of the phone - really not gonna do it. ☺️

I got my new 6S Plus on Thursday and have checked for all the noted flaws mentioned on this forum from screen blemishes, uneven shadows etc., to checking for the internal chip. So far I'm not seeing any flaws with my screen and I have the supposedly preferred TSMC chip. So no way I'm going to look for this creaking problem. :)

What I do notice with my new phone is that the home button has a totally different feel to it from my last one. It works just fine but almost has a non-click-back to it. Clicks down and works fine but doesn't have the tactile click back up as with my previous phone.

What I'm so excited about is that this phone is a much better performer than my previous 6 Plus. Not once have I had a tab reload itself. Hooray!

Vegaspilot

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2010
Mine did this. Creaked if pressed in the back by the logo and then popped if you squeezed the sides after. Took it back for this and to buy it outright later rather than use the upgrade program.

Jayjew

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2015
Minneapolis
Mine doesn't have it, I wouldn't worry about it. But I worry about you getting any cuter! I'd just die!

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
Isn't the middle part where the logic board is most cantilevered? I wouldn't push my luck flexing that area lest a couple of solder joints pop off on something critical!

Reactions: Givmeabrek

DieterV

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
Is this only if you press firmly in a specific place? If so, then how would you have even noticed this in the first place?
My first iPhone had it really hard en when i used 3D touch in the middle of the screen i could hear it. I thought my screen was loose first.

DieterV

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2015
So far 4 out of 5 iPhones I checked have it. With my first iPhone it was so loud i could hear it using 3D touch. With the phone i have now, you have to press harder. So in normal use I will not hear it. But it is annoying just knowing it is there.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.