Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
Hello,

I have an iPhone 6s 16GB. From iOS 9.1 (I bought it when that version was preinstalled) I have battery bug which means battery percentage probably shows wrong value. There is no normal unloading battery for example: 88%->87%->86%. In my case it sometimes looks like: 50%->48%->47%->44%. Even without apps working in background or games. The worst thing is low power percentage. Battery drains very quickly. From 20% to 10% it can sometimes take less than 15 minutes. I have not travelled out of my time zone yet. The method with changing time to automatic does not solve the problem. I have installed the latest software available for user: 9.3.2. I have also formatted the battery once a month. Nothing helps. The newest version of iOS has the bug too. What can I do with?

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
I think you are right. Sometimes when battery has 10-20% iPhone is shutting down. When I start charging it, after 1 minute phone is turning on. But also charging from 90 to 100% takes 30-40 minutes. These shuttings have placed when I using Snapchat app. Maybe it is a coincidence?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I think you are right. Sometimes when battery has 10-20% iPhone is shutting down. When I start charging it, after 1 minute phone is turning on. But also charging from 90 to 100% takes 30-40 minutes. These shuttings have placed when I using Snapchat app. Maybe it is a coincidence?
The phone should turn on fairly quickly after you start charging it, could be a minute or a few minutes. The phone also slows down the rate of charging once it gets to around 70%-80%, so the last percentages in the 90%-100% range will take the longest as far as filling up, so to say.

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
I've noticed that 80-100% are charging slower than 0-80%, I think Apple said that too. A minute ago battery dropped from 24% to 13% in 7 min. And from 13% to 10% in one minute... Probably I will turn off showing percentage of battery. Maybe I will be less nervous.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've noticed that 80-100% are charging slower than 0-80%, I think Apple said that too. A minute ago battery dropped from 24% to 13% in 7 min. And from 13% to 10% in one minute... Probably I will turn off showing percentage of battery. Maybe I will be less nervous.
Battery shouldn't really be jumping like that realistically speaking. Perhaps you do have a battery issue of some sort and might be worth talking to Apple about it (assuming the typical things of re-calibrating, restarting the device, resettings some settings, resetting all settings, and restoring completely haven't really resulted in much in relation to that).

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
Battery shouldn't really be jumping like that realistically speaking. Perhaps you do have a battery issue of some sort and might be worth talking to Apple about it (assuming the typical things of re-calibrating, restarting the device, resettings some settings, resetting all settings, and restoring completely haven't really resulted in much in relation to that).

Calling to Apple Support is the only option in this case. I will let you know what they said.

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
Apple said to try erasing all settings. I did it, but it doesn't help. I am waiting for iOS 9.3.3, I think it can resolve this problem.

bart16

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2016
Poland
Good that it is resolved! Did they tell you what the problem was? Could they see if the battery was faulty in their tests?
They told me that Apple Support have tested my battery via wireless test twice and everything was fine. So I was surprised when I received mail with replacement. Probably it was much bigger issue than only battery's fault.

unclemax

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
They told me that Apple Support have tested my battery via wireless test twice and everything was fine. So I was surprised when I received mail with replacement. Probably it was much bigger issue than only battery's fault.

Ha! Interesting…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.