Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Chinese phone repair company GeekBar has shared a series of three photos today (via Nowhereelse.fr) showing what is claimed to be a display assembly for the upcoming "iPhone 6s".

iphone_6s_display_1.jpg

While the photos do not confirm that the device will be equipped with Force Touch sensing as has been rumored, they do appear slightly different from the corresponding parts for the iPhone 6.

iphone_6s_display_2.jpg

Meanwhile, M.I.C Gadget shares a few photos of what it says is a prototype version of the iPhone 6s. The device is not shown turned on and the photos themselves do not reveal any differences compared to the iPhone 6, but the source claims the device measures 7.1 mm thick, slightly thicker than the 6.9 mm iPhone 6 and matching the 7.1 mm iPhone 6 Plus.

iphone_6s_proto_mic.jpg

Rumors have suggested the iPhone 6s could be slightly thicker than the iPhone 6 in order to accommodate the new Force Touch technology in the display, but the slight difference would not be easily perceptible to users and could even allow many accessories to be compatible with both generations.

Article Link: Claimed 'iPhone 6s' Display Assembly Revealed in New Photos

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Don't expect any great shakes in the 6S or 6S+ model and you won't be disappointed. Even Force Touch is not a must have feature. The new cameras will probably be more of a selling point

Reactions: MrXiro

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2011
The flood gates have opened. Get ready for two months of ribbon cables, speaker grill, and volume button leaks. I don't understand why people even bother with leaks on the 'S' iPhone model. All you have to do is just take your current generation iPhone in the comfort of your home and take some nice pictures from all angles. I don't think anybody will notice any difference.

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
It's amazing that for the last 4-5 years we have always seen what the iphone will look like before they get on stage with it. Im sure over the next month we will see so many more photos. I really do hope that it has force touch built in. I can't wait to see what developers can do with that api. And MOST importantly it better have 2gb ram.

pappkristof

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2015

Chinese phone repair company GeekBar has shared a series of three photos today (via Nowhereelse.fr) showing what is claimed to be a display assembly for the upcoming "iPhone 6s".

iphone_6s_display_1.jpg

While the photos do not confirm that the device will be equipped with Force Touch sensing as has been rumored, they do appear slightly different from the corresponding parts for the iPhone 6.

iphone_6s_display_2.jpg

Meanwhile, M.I.C Gadget shares a few photos of what it says is a prototype version of the iPhone 6s. The device is not shown turned on and the photos themselves do not reveal any differences compared to the iPhone 6, but the source claims the device measures 7.1 mm thick, slightly thicker than the 6.9 mm iPhone 6 and matching the 7.1 mm iPhone 6 Plus.

iphone_6s_proto_mic.jpg

Rumors have suggested the iPhone 6s could be slightly thicker than the iPhone 6 in order to accommodate the new Force Touch technology in the display, but the slight difference would not be easily perceptible to users and could even allow many accessories to be compatible with both generations.

Article Link: Claimed 'iPhone 6s' Display Assembly Revealed in New Photos

What about the battery?

polterbyte

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Brazil
"S" year leaks are pretty boring

Except for the back and front camera, and also for the fource-touch screen, you're right in the case of the 6s.

Except for the fingerprint reader, and the dual flash, you're right in the case of the 5s.

Except for the GPU and the 16GB storage you're right for the 4s

Which pretty much means you're wrong, of course.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.