Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
iPhone 6S plus randomly rebooting at different times. Anyone experiencing this issue? I updated to 9.0.1.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
This is not normal. Back up everything (both iCloud and iTunes). Wipe and reset, set up as a new device, and use it for a couple days to see if it still reboots. If it does, contact Apple for a replacement. If it doesn't, your backup is to blame.

Reactions: clborden

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I actually did set it up as new :(
Did a quick reboot let see what happens.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I actually did set it up as new :(
Did a quick reboot let see what happens.

If you really want to be sure, wipe it one more time, and set it up as new again, but install only the essential apps that you must have.

If it still reboots by itself, then you have to take a trip to Apple Store, or call Apple Support. Explain to them what you did, and they should swap it out right away (providing that they have stock). If you are within the return period, I suggest refund and re-buy.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
If you really want to be sure, wipe it one more time, and set it up as new again, but install only the essential apps that you must have.

If it still reboots by itself, then you have to take a trip to Apple Store, or call Apple Support. Explain to them what you did, and they should swap it out right away (providing that they have stock). If you are within the return period, I suggest refund and re-buy.

I got this phone thru Verizon device payment wonder if I can return it without being charged any fees.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
I got this phone thru Verizon device payment wonder if I can return it without being charged any fees.

Then you are better off just exchanging it with Apple. They *should* be able to swap the phone without messing up your Verizon record. Ask Apple to confirm.

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Will do thanks. Also got a $40 zagg glass on it :( looks like that will go to a waste if exchange the phone. But will see so far after the reboot I've been playing around with it no issues so far. Will give it 2-3 more days to see if it continues again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.