Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abacha29

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2016
Lol guys, this makes no sense at all. I was honestly just joking around with myself reading the article, I have been waiting for two hours on the estimating time remaining and as soon as I read through the thread, I went back up only to discover it jumped to 1hr, 50mins, 39mins and now 28mins within 2 minutes.

This is hilarious :p

murph1jc

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2016
Cannot believe this worked, but chalk up another voodoo magic victory...after four failed attempts and three hours of trying, no less.

jabrah

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2016
welp.... joining in on the voodoo....im gonna read this thread over again and hope for the best

alexf51

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2016
Okay this is crazy... I had tried several times to restore my icloud, erasing everything multiple times, and so I turned to Google. I found this, read through, seeing everyone's crazy stories, not believing it at all because I'd check down at my phone every couple posts and still see the "time remaining: estimating." However, as soon as I finished reading the final post, my phone jumped from 6 minutes, to 5 minutes, to 1 minute and is now complete. This is insane.

Christalize

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2016
Read the thread all the way through, still says "Time remaining: estimating..." Gonna try restarting and report back.

Didn't work here :( Any real solutions please?

vickecw

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2016
Wow it worked for me too. Stuck on "time remaining: estimating". Read the entire thread and checked again... "time remaining: 1 minute". It's now fully restored. Amazing! :)

jessie12345

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2016
After reading the thread and then reading the replies, I thought everyone was either full of **** or just impatient. I read everything and then looked at my phone and was mad it was still stuck at the time remaining estimating screen. but i decided to restart it one last time and it was finished in less than 2 minutes and I about **** my pants. Craziness.

amariee1

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2016
After reading through most of the thread, and as I'm typing right now, it has went down to about 5 minutes of time remaining! This is so weird but amazing at the same time!!

lilmagill

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2016
Not working for me, guys :(

Seriously - tried one more time after typing this and all of a sudden my phone said 23 minutes remaining....FINGERS CROSSED but it's looking good!

Last edited:

cjburgess

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2016
Yep googled this, read half the thread and phone went from 'estimating' to '20 mins' - a great site!
This thread gave me patience to bear with it and let the phone do it's thang. I guess that might be the key.

Plus the thread distracts you from checking it every 10 seconds!

Throwaway112233

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2016
Made an account just for this post. Yes, my phone is no longer stuck on time remaining: estimating. No, I still don't believe it.

axelhyge

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2016
Oslo
I honestly signed up just to write this: Having been stuck for hours trying to get it to work, starting over and over agiain trying different solutions I opened this thread. Read the first few posts. Looked down at my phone. BAM! 45 minutes remaining. I freaked out, closest thing to magic I've ever seen!

Reactions: aaliceb

anonamoose55

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2016
I had to make an account here just to say that my phone was stuck at "one minute remaing" for about 15-20 minutes, as I started reading this thread and seeing all the insane stuff I looked at my phone and after not changing for so long it went to "two minutes remaining" and 30 seconds later it was done. I don't know what's going on here but I appreciate it!!!

kimmilove

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2016
well f##k me gently with a chainsaw. i thought there was no way, and you were all just jumping on the bandwagon. but after trying everything to no avail. i am now estimating 5mins and didnt even have to read to the end!

himerette

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2016
Made an account just to say it worked for me too!! Was stuck on Time Remaining: estimating, getting backup errors etc! Got about half way through the replies and just had to look- time remaining: 10 mins! Thanks!

matrix glitch

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2016
OH. MY. GOD. I really thought this thread was a ridiculous hoax. After trying to get my backup working 10 different times for almost week, it suddenly just worked after reading this thread. My mind is totally and completely blown. I had to create an account just to post here and share.

izzymay

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2016
what the hell, been staring at the 'time estimating' screen for 6 hours how, found this forum believed nothing anyone was saying about this "magic"... but read it anyway. BUT NOW its says 'one minute remaining'
I do not believe it , I do believe in magic now

Mckyleroy

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2016
Wow alright it worked for me too after having been trying everything else all day! I got through the first page, looked down at my phone and it had gone from estimating time remaining to 10 minutes. Crazy

Eckm7289

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2016
OMG this is seriously magic. I created an account just to confirm that this works!!!!!! I was waiting like 45 min and then I read this post and my backup was done!!

Reactions: giqh92

NomadCRY

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2016
I created an account just for the post this comment. Ok. Usually I never believe these bulls**ts. But listen to me. I'm tryna restore my backup for 3 freakin days! I tried EVERYTHING! Change DNS, connect to different Wi-fi, etc. I caved in Google. Seriously guys, I even talk to Apple Care for about 3-4 hours and still nothing. I restored the phone in DFU mode thousand times. Then I found this thread, when I read the first three or four comment I'm like "Ahh, f*ck off!" I read a couple more comments, and it gets a little bit interesting but I'm still thinking everyone mocking. But when I finished the reading, I took a glance to my phone, and here is a HOLY SENTENCE: 12 MINUTES!

I'M LIKE: "HOLY FREAKIN SHET, ITS WORKING!"

Still not get how this happened. I had to create an account just to post here.

Reactions: aaliceb

OpticCookies

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2016
Wow it worked after I read the thread 20 seconds later it says 8 min remaining I guess this thread is the elixir for icloud backup lol

sujiths530

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2016
hallelujah!!! praise the lord may the lord be praised......working for me...from estimating time to 6 minutes by the time i read through all the comments and 2 failed tries prior to that!!

Reactions: WYDaisy81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.