Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 7/7+ Jet Black Owners - Will You Buy a Case?

• Most definitely! I must avoid micro scratches!

Votes: 95 44.8%
  • No, I don't need no stinkin' case!

Votes: 81 38.2%
  • I'm undecided.

Votes: 36 17.0%

• Total voters

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
no case for me either. Never had a case but been using a sleeve the last several years. Im not using that either this time around. Phone still has some dings around the edges. I think I'm over keeping a phone in mint condition. Never cared about resale but always liked a clean ding free phone.

xanadeath

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
California
I purchased a incredibly thin clear case on Amazon to show off the Jet Black. I've already got the case. Unfortunately I don't have a pre order in for the phone because I want it on launch :p. Here's hoping the line works out on Thursday/Friday or I may have an empty case :(.

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
Spigen Crystal Clear Air Cushion! I've already got it in hand (thanks Amazon!).
[doublepost=1473548559][/doublepost]
imo, if you go jet black, I don't see why add the case.
You can always get a clear case.
[doublepost=1473548731][/doublepost]
Which one did you order? The one I bought from them seemed flimsy like a $5 case...not like the firmness of the" rose gold" 6S case I bought for a siblings birthday a while back
Some of the ones from China show pictures of good clear cases but ship crappy flimsy ones. I like the Spigen Crystal Clear Air Cushion the best but there are several other ones pretty much just like it.
[doublepost=1473548918][/doublepost]
Does no one here like the Otterbox Symmetry ? (it comes in full clear and one that's mostly clear but black on the edges(seems perfect for jet-black)
Every OtterBox I've seen is comically thick. Perhaps they've started making better cases but I wrote them off years ago. And they're expensive too! Not that I would use one even if they were cheap.

Reactions: ramonabynes

H2K03

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
I'm throwing a skin on mine and as thin a case as possible since I use a magnetic car mount. Otherwise I'd just go with a clear skin.

sactownbwoy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
Clear case like I have with my current phone. I'll probably wrap the back of the phone with left over wrap that I used on my car. I for some reason detest the Apple logo on the back and prefer it covered

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
I second this.

Trying to figure out which skin to buy, probably sometime this week, I already have a glass screen protector on the way.

Which screen protector? Think you are going to want a back skin on this color ben with a case it will likely scratch.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Which screen protector? Think you are going to want a back skin on this color ben with a case it will likely scratch.
Some guy posted that Jetech on Amazon has a sale going on so I just bought that, it was like $4.

And like you mentioned, I'll definitely get a back skin for this bad boy. I'll be looking for a decent one, hopefully sometime this week.

Reactions: Lobwedgephil

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Cases just arrived.

IMG_1486.JPG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.