Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pauliet

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
Belfast, UK
well FINALLY Belfast have some 256G JBPlusses in stock.. just reserved (thanks @l3uddz) and will pick up in a 'wee while!!!' .. then I'll cancel the disappointingly long pre-order day reservation!

Reactions: l3uddz

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
Arggggg.....The phone i've got on order is available for store pickup!

Dilemma is that the store is over an hour away, in good traffic. My ordered phone isn't arriving until at least the 3th Nov (this recently updated from the 4th November so I suspect it won't change again). Do I relish 2 hours on the M25, nope.

iDreams

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
The iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black ordered on 26th September with estimated delivery date of 25 Oct - 1 Nov has just changed status to Preparing For Dispatch.

I ordered two days after you with delivery from 27th October so hopefully I see movement soon

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I'm sure I read somewhere you can remove apple care which reduces your monthly amount to suit
[doublepost=1476736103][/doublepost]

I was right I did read it, but if you want to be in the upgrade programme you have to have apple care, my bad sorry

Yes unfortunately if you want to be able to upgrade after a year you have to have AppleCare+, the option without AppleCare+ doesn't let you do that.

You could still upgrade after a year but you would have to sell your old handset elsewhere and then contact Barclays to pay off the remaining amount and then take out a new 20 month iPhone Payments plan. So still possible but you don't get the zero hassle option of doing it yearly.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Thanks for the great advice but the nice bloke in the Apple Store gave me a full refund! Had the phone nearly 4 weeks, gotta love Apple.
How did you wangle that lol I wanted to swap my 128GB for 256GB but there was never one in stock during my exchange window c

AwareDen

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
UK
Just an update for everyone, my 26th September iPhone 7+ JB 128GB was still stuck on processing as of today (Delivered by 18th Nov). Can't believe I was able to reserve one at the Solihull store and collect it. They seem to be getting a steady supply of iPhone 7+ JB at around 10-11am in the morning if you check to click and reserve them.

Hopefully this helps someone out there waiting.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
Please use the search function!!! There is a great stock notification bot on telegram.

There ate TONS of JB in stock in stores everywhere. Find that post; set it up and go get it in store. No need to wait for a delivery.

deskjetian

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
The Midlands, UK
I placed my online order for a black 7 plus with 32GB on 1st Oct and got an estimate of 3 to 4 weeks before dispatch.
The status has just moved to 'Preparing for Dispatch' so it looks more or less on schedule.

SlobbyK

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2016
Manchester Uk
For anyone still looking for notifications of stock, or anyone who I'm running the script for currently, follow these steps to setup stock notifications.

Install Telegram from the AppStore, set a username in the settings of Telegram, then compose a message to iphonestockbot

Type /start then /register
Then /stores and /models to find the stores and model codes you want to be notified of stock at.

/addmodel modelcode
/addstore storecode

To see what's on your watchlist do /watchlist and it will tell you.

When you have got your reservation and don't want notifications anymore just do

/removestore storecode
OR
/removemodel modelcode

For all the stores/models in your watchlist. I might add a /stop command that does that for you.

I'd like to thank you for all the work you must put into this. Thanks to you I was able to get get one of my two preferred phones from one of my two preferred stores.

I was a bit slow in cancelling the alerts (2 hours) so I had 134 alerts as more stock appeared for JB & MB 7 plus at Trafford store whilst I was on way back from Manchester store. Having a nightmare with the set up that's my fault so expect posts from me on another topic.
So thanks again
Cheers

Reactions: sclubone and l3uddz

l3uddz

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
I'd like to thank you for all the work you must put into this. Thanks to you I was able to get get one of my two preferred phones from one of my two preferred stores.

I was a bit slow in cancelling the alerts (2 hours) so I had 134 alerts as more stock appeared for JB & MB 7 plus at Trafford store whilst I was on way back from Manchester store. Having a nightmare with the set up that's my fault so expect posts from me on another topic.
So thanks again
Cheers

No problem! thanks for helping me test this bot. Hopefully will have a well oiled and ready to go machine for iPhone 8 next year (assuming there is no changes by apple regarding reservation system etc)

Reactions: SlobbyK and Jinjin

jonnee1

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2016
Some good news...phones Apple CS and they confirmed payment has been approved and the phone should be shipping soon. All those waiting from Pre-Order from September 9th....should see result early new week!

:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

joshua.123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Has anyone that ordered with Carphone Warehouse received their order yet? I placed an order for a JB+ 256GB on the 17th of September which was supposed to arrive on the 7th of October, but never did.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
Has anyone that ordered with Carphone Warehouse received their order yet? I placed an order for a JB+ 256GB on the 17th of September which was supposed to arrive on the 7th of October, but never did.

Nope. I had the same date given for my MB 7 Plus 128GB and nothing, so I had to contact them and was told by the 21st. They gave me a £20 store credit on my account but decided to cancel my order with them.

joshua.123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Nope. I had the same date given for my MB 7 Plus 128GB and nothing, so I had to contact them and was told by the 21st. They gave me a £20 store credit on my account but decided to cancel my order with them.
I got a text today saying that the estimated delivery date has now changed to the 4th of November -_-

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I placed mine ages ago and got it pretty much next day delivery. Mine was matte black though

Reactions: jonnee1

sclubone

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2015

So thanks again
Cheers

Likewise, thank you for the bot! Managed to go from thinking about a JB iPhone 7 128GB to holding one in under 12 hours.. anyone in London, don't forget about the Brent Cross store (with free parking). :)

jpaterson69

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2010
Arbroath, Scotland
Aberdeen store had stock of plus's yesterday, first I have seen for a long time.
Hopefully it's a good sign stock levels getting better.
I checked stock with apple store app first thing in the morning, on upgrade program, quite a few choices on plus models.
I reserved a JB 128 gig and picked up, they also had some series 2 watches and pick one up for my GF.
Good luck to those still waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.