Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Hey everyone! I have seen some threads bring up the discussion regarding using skins over cases, but not a dedicated one. Does anyone have an order in for a screen protector + a full back shield/protector?

I remember long ago, invisibleshield offered both front and back protectors, but it seems like they are not doing that anymore.

I saw some discussion on Best Skins Ever (BSE), but how does that compare to SlickWraps Nude?

Thanks in advance for the help.

//Edit

Links:

BSE: http://www.bestskinsever.com/iphone-7-plus-skins

SLickwraps: https://www.slickwraps.com/iphone-7-plus-naked-wrap.html

Reactions: pjarvi

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012
Yep, I just pre-ordered BSE full back glossy skin for my Jet Black IP7. I have had BSE skins on several of my previous iPhones - they are great. You basically can't tell the skin is there, and it protects the back from scratches and scuffs.

I think it's a perfect combination to go with Black Jet iPhone.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I just ordered a BSE Full back glossy as well, like ctyrider. I plan on getting a clear case as well. Only reason for this is because of resale value. I will be taking my case off at work a lot to show customers the jet black, however don't want to build up abrasions over time to help with resale value. Clear case is for when i'm away from work, and around my sometimes rowdy kid. Should work just fine, as I've had friends do this same thing in the past. If not, no big... only paid $6.74 for the skin.

Reactions: djn4eva

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Yep, I just pre-ordered BSE full back glossy skin for my Jet Black IP7. I have had BSE skins on several of my previous iPhones - they are great. You basically can't tell the skin is there, and it protects the back from scratches and scuffs.

I think it's a perfect combination to go with Black Jet iPhone.

I just ordered a BSE Full back glossy as well, like ctyrider. I plan on getting a clear case as well. Only reason for this is because of resale value. I will be taking my case off at work a lot to show customers the jet black, however don't want to build up abrasions over time to help with resale value. Clear case is for when i'm away from work, and around my sometimes rowdy kid. Should work just fine, as I've had friends do this same thing in the past. If not, no big... only paid $6.74 for the skin.

I am about to order from BSE, just to make sure, since we all want to put in case, you guys chose the CASE FIT option correct for front and the FULL WRAP option for rear?

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I am about to order from BSE, just to make sure, since we all want to put in case, you guys chose the CASE FIT option correct for front and the FULL WRAP option for rear?

I did full wrap for the back, I didn't do the front because I get zagg glass. I would have done case fit otherwise.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
I did full wrap for the back, I didn't do the front because I get zagg glass. I would have done case fit otherwise.
I see, I always panic when installing these types with water but the new phone being water resistant definitely helps.

ctyrider

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2012

I do not put my iPhone in the case - that completely defeats the purpose of "invisible skin". Full back BSE skin and "naked" screen is all I need.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I love the idea of the BSE skin on back.. But always have to cover front too. Can't stand the microscratches all 'naked' users get on front screen when running naked. People say they don't get them.. But I can always prove them wrong when I have their phone in my hands. You can only see it at a certain angle in the sunlight.. but all naked front screen people have hundreds of microscratches after several months use. I just can't stand that look in the sunlight.. so I have to protect front too.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
I do not put my iPhone in the case - that completely defeats the purpose of "invisible skin". Full back BSE skin and "naked" screen is all I need.
I hear you...but I drop my phone everyday so I guess everyone has preference. Just wanted something for my Jet Black because even with the case, I can see abrasions happening.
I love the idea of the BSE skin on back.. But always have to cover front too. Can't stand the microscratches all 'naked' users get on front screen when running naked. People say they don't get them.. But I can always prove them wrong when I have their phone in my hands. You can only see it at a certain angle in the sunlight.. but all naked front screen people have hundreds of microscratches after several months use. I just can't stand that look in the sunlight.. so I have to protect front too.

Ya I ended up doing both front and back! :)
Screen Protection
Glossy - Case Fit
Body Protection
Glossy - Full Wrap

Reactions: NewdestinyX

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I hear you...but I drop my phone everyday so I guess everyone has preference. Just wanted something for my Jet Black because even with the case, I can see abrasions happening.

Ya I ended up doing both front and back! :)
Screen Protection
Glossy - Case Fit
Body Protection
Glossy - Full Wrap
So the term "full wrap" is still a back only coverage but it's as opposed to a case fit, right? Full wrap doesn't refer to whole phone it just refers to covering the entire back if you've chosen body protection right?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I ordered one from Slickwraps, just for the back since I have a glass screen protector for the front.

We'll see, hopefully the cuts are precise.

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France
I ordered today on bestskinsever website for my iPhone 7+ JetBlack.
I choose simple body glossy protection. It looks very beautiful and thin.

As I live in France, i'll have it in 5/10 days. If you want I'll post some pictures here

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I've watched some videos on skin application, and even though they make it look quick and easy, I can imagine I will probably have difficulty making it look absolutely perfect. Is it really as easy to apply as they suggest it is?

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
I've watched some videos on skin application, and even though they make it look quick and easy, I can imagine I will probably have difficulty making it look absolutely perfect. Is it really as easy to apply as they suggest it is?
That's my biggest concern. I'm always able to find a ZAGG cart in the mall where my Apple Store is where they can apply my Invisishield glass HD covers to the front with great perfection which is something I require.

Earlier this year when I tried to buy one for myself and get it on I just did a terrible job and couldn't get it even if I followed the instructions perfectly. I ended up going the whole year without a front cover because I just couldn't buy another one for $40. I'm very afraid of buying this back cover from BSE for my jet black 7Plus and then not getting it on right and having to chuck it. I'm just no good at applying the damn things. It's totally an art to getting it right with zero bubbles.

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal

No.

It takes time and patience and a hair dryer and patience and patience and patience......

(and a lot of cussing and swearing)

and patience....

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
No.

It takes time and patience and a hair dryer and patience and patience and patience......

(and a lot of cussing and swearing)

and patience....
This Is exactly what I'm afraid of. Then you get fingerprints on the sticky side of it and it's over. Ruined

michael31986

macrumors 601
Jul 11, 2008
I don't think this skin would fit with crash bumper from rhino shield. It's such a tight fit so the skin protector on side probably won't work

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Anyone have their BSE or Slickwraps ship yet? I've ordered both and haven't seen movement on either, just like my JB Plus. Lol

Reactions: kinster and Texxy

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Anyone have their BSE or Slickwraps ship yet? I've ordered both and haven't seen movement on either, just like my JB Plus. Lol

Surprise Surprise... My slickwrap finally shipped after I emailed them yesterday asking where my order was... However, they haven't seen fit to actually ANSWER my email....

Like their wraps but their customer service SUCKS!

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Surprise Surprise... My slickwrap finally shipped after I emailed them yesterday asking where my order was... However, they haven't seen fit to actually ANSWER my email....

Like their wraps but their customer service SUCKS!
What email address did you use? They list no contact information of any kind on their site. Also when did you order yours. Mine has been sitting in processing for almost a week now.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
What email address did you use? They list no contact information of any kind on their site. Also when did you order yours. Mine has been sitting in processing for almost a week now.

There was a contact form on their site. Then I got an email confirming they got my email from them. the email came from: hello@slickwraps.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.