Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Reserve and Pick Up website is currently live again in Canada, allowing customers to reserve an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus for pickup at a local Apple retail store starting tomorrow. Despite limited to no launch day stock, iPhone 7 Plus models now appear to be available in cities such as Toronto, Ottawa, Montréal, Québec City, Halifax, Mississauga, London, Waterloo, and Winnipeg just one day later.

iphone-7-plus-reservation-canada.jpg

At the Eaton Centre shopping mall in Toronto, for example, the iPhone 7 Plus is available with 32GB in Black, Gold, and Silver, 128GB in Rose Gold, and 256GB in Gold, Rose Gold, and Silver, as of the time this article was published. At the Sainte-Catherine location in Montréal, meanwhile, Black remains available in all three storage capacities. Jet Black models of any kind remain unavailable at all stores listed.

iPhone 7 models in most colors and storage capacities are more widely available for in-store reservation.

Reservations Available

- Eaton Centre in Toronto
- Fairview in Toronto
- Sherway Gardens in Toronto
- Yorkdale in Toronto
- Markville Shopping Centre in Markham
- Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket
- Square One in Mississauga
- Mapleview Centre in Burlington
- Conestoga in Waterloo
- Masonville in London
- Rideau in Ottawa
- Bayshore Shopping Centre in Ottawa
- DIX30 in Brossard
- Carrefour Laval in Laval
- Place Ste-Foy in Québec City
- Sainte-Catherine in Montréal
- Fairview Pointe-Claire in Pointe-Claire
- Halifax Shopping Centre in Halifax
- Polo Park in Winnipeg

- Metrotown in Burnaby
- Chinook Centre in Calgary
- Market Mall in Calgary
- Coquitlam Centre in Coquitlam
- Southgate Centre in Edmonton
- West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton
- Richmond Centre in Richmond
- Guilford Town Centre in Surrey
- Oakridge Centre in Vancouver
- Pacific Centre in Vancouver
The stores where reservations are currently unavailable are located in western cities such as Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver, possibly due to time zone differences.

iPhone 7 Plus stock will likely be depleted very quickly due to a combination of strong demand and limited quantities, so the exact models available for reservation may change at any given time. Apple also turned some reservation customers away on launch day, so consider this to be a possibility again tomorrow as the company deals with the logistics of fulfilling millions of new iPhone orders around the world.

Meanwhile, in the United States, the Reserve and Pick Up page for regular customers continues to say that Apple is "not taking any more reservations to buy iPhone in store right now" and to "please check back tomorrow after 12:01 a.m." The reservation page for iPhone Upgrade Program customers appears to be live again, but virtually no iPhone 7 Plus models are available to reserve nationwide.

Americans living in northern border states could feasibly make the drive to Canada and purchase an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus for use on any U.S. carrier, as Apple sells SIM-Free models in Canada from day one.

Update: Reservations have now become available across Canada. As expected, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus stock has depleted at several stores.

Article Link: iPhone 7 Plus Reservations Currently Available in Canada

Last edited by a moderator:

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
Wonder if the big typhoon hitting south asia cancelled some UPS flights... Can't think of any other reason for all this delays.

Reactions: orbital~debris

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
The reservation opened yesterday afternoon
Reserved black 256gb 7plus
Went to the store and they said no phone for me
Try again next day
One of worst customer experience

Reactions: simonmet

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
The woman in my local apple store said 8am today. Once again I missed my opportunity.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
As I just mentioned in the article:

Americans living in northern border states could feasibly make the drive to Canada and purchase an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus for use on any U.S. carrier, as Apple sells SIM-Free models in Canada from day one.

That's interesting that Canada sells SIM free models on launch day. Learned something new Today. Thanks for sharing Joe.

RedOrchestra

Suspended
Aug 13, 2012
I'm not surprised by this announcemen, as I posted on another thread yesterday

"I was in my Apple Store (in Canada) this morning, picking up a case for my 7 and they had I'm thinking 50 - 70 units all lined up on a table at the back of the store BOTH 7 and 7+ in equal numbers; all colours EXCEPT Jet Black. I have no idea how many were for walk-ins how many were for pre-orders."

max.ine

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2016
Thank you so much for the heads-up, MacRumors! I just scheduled an appointment for 6:30-7PM in London. Now I won't have to wait until October to get my 7 Plus.

Reactions: djbuddha

pcmike

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
As I just mentioned in the article:

Which model does Apple sell in Canada as "SIM-free?" CDMA/GSM or GSM?

jmh600cbr

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2012
these ******s just let me put 2 in my cart, saying they were available for pickup and within 2 minutes (the time it took me to type my credit card info) it changed its mind about the availability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.