Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnalan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Hey,

I've noticed that my iPhone 7 sim tray is a fraction of a millimetre slightly unflush.

It's really OCD level noticing, as its hard to see with the eye, but easy to feel with your finger.

These flash based shots really accentuate the look (it's not actually as bad as it looks here).

http://imgur.com/a/ML6wY

I'm a little concerned it may affect the water proofing - I don't plan to shower/swim with it, but I would like to run in the rain a fair bit (as apple advertises you can do).

What do you think? I inspected the seal around the sim tray and it seems to look perfect.

Also there is no give or bounce, it's just slightly raised, would this effect waterproofing or am I being overly concerned.

What's yours like?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Your being overly concerned. The Sim Tray can slightly protrude. The seal also contributes to this. Both my iPhone 7 and 7 Plus protrude slightly.

Reactions: johnalan

itsray

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2016
my 6s is not 100% flush if i over analyze it and put a bright led etc. its more like 99.999999999%

if you have another phone check it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.