Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I have to ask, since this gets brought up in every thread, what was DigiTimes last correct rumor that wasn't blatantly obvious(i.e. saying that the next iPhone/iPad will have an updated processor)? Don't they have one of the worst records when it comes to this?

Also, I use my iPhone speaker to listen to music while giving my 11 month old son a bath, so I could see having better speakers being a plus.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
stereo speakers..

if you listen to music regularly through iPhone's loud speaker, you're just a douchebag.
Maybe, but there are many situations where Apples "I" devices simply aren't loud enough and thus helped by anything that increases volume and reduces directionality.

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
iphone_7_render_mr.jpg

iPhone 7 mockup with no rear antenna bands and flush camera

A flush camera would allow the iPhone 7 to lay flat on a table, like older-generation iPhones, and it would contribute to a slimmer iPhone design.

I think a protruding camera lens looks high class. Just get an Apple case. As it appears in that mockup, it looks cheap to me.

Maybe I'm alone in thinking this?

Reactions: lombax54

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
What will you do when Samsung and every other Android phone maker drops the 3.5mm jack on all of their phones too?
The 3.5mm is an industry standard and only Apple is arrogant enough to remove it. I can see Samsung, HTC, etc. taunting Apple about the fact they'll still have the traditional headphone jack on their devices.

lederermc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Seattle
So much for listening on earphones AND charging the phone at the same time... Having the music player stop when taking a picture with the camera was bad enough (on iPh6*). Apple's starting to suck big time.

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
What sucks about this article is that Mac Rumors keeps bringing up crap that has been proven false or at least not a problem. I'm talks about battery life here between Samsung and TSMC.

Frankly Mac Rumors needs to start adding a little editorial control to some of the articles. Staying on topic helps keep a taste of legitimacy.

Time Less

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Planet Earth
If it's looks similar to that mockup I'll skip it and hold on to my 6s. Unless... if there's a 4" version I'll have to reconsider.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Great, stereo on portrait mode, about a cm apart. Sounds useful. </sarcasm>

Why doesn't the earpiece function as a speaker? Then you'd have stereo in landscape, when it might actually be useful? Would help if they also made the bottom speaker face forwards instead of out the side. Seriously, Apple's speaker placement is nonsensical.

Wireless charging at a range is the only thing that's been mentioned recently that would tempt me to upgrade from my 5S, if and when it eventually arrives (and I hope it doesn't come to iPad and Apple Watch at the same time, or that'll be an expensive year!)

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Maybe, but there are many situations where Apples "I" devices simply aren't loud enough and thus helped by anything that increases volume and reduces directionality.

But that alone is not a reason to remove a 3.5mm jack. In fact it would be stupid.

The 3.5mm is an industry standard and only Apple is arrogant enough to remove it. I can see Samsung, HTC, etc. taunting Apple about the fact they'll still have the traditional headphone jack on their devices.

You obviously don't understand why Apple would remove it. I guarantee if Apple feels the need to remove it, the Android crowd is in exactly the same boat -- running out of room to add new features. The only reason they haven't done it first is because they don't have the balls. While a few manufacturers will use this as a marketing opportunity in the short term, the rest will follow Apple down the rabbit hole within a year. Where Apple goes, so do the rest.

So much for listening on earphones AND charging the phone at the same time...

Problem solved:

right-angle-lightning-to-usb-cable.jpg

Not to mention the fact that people use aux cables for their iPhones in their cars.

Some do. And for that, there's no more convenient place to use a Lightning passthrough adapter.

Or they could get one of these and just eliminate wires from their life completely:

61INtNXdKlL._SX522_.jpg

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Even Apple has admitted that iPhone sales have peaked.
Growth has peaked... but sales haven't stopped completely.

Apple sold 230 million iPhones this past year. Even if they sell less than that this year... let's say only 200 million this year... that's still more than enough.

And remember... these are profitable phones... not cheap junk phones sold in volume that lose money on each sale like the other guys.

Apple is in a position to sell smartphones for the rest of our lives.

Meanwhile... there are other companies who I wonder if they will be around in 3 years.

BillyMatt87

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2013
But that alone is not a reason to remove a 3.5mm jack. In fact it would be stupid.

You obviously don't understand why Apple would remove it. I guarantee if Apple feels the need to remove it, the Android crowd is in exactly the same boat -- running out of room to add new features. The only reason they haven't done it first is because they don't have the balls. While a few manufacturers will use this as a marketing opportunity in the short term, the rest will follow Apple down the rabbit hole within a year. Where Apple goes, so do the rest.

Problem solved:

right-angle-lightning-to-usb-cable.jpg

Some do. And for that, there's no more convenient place to use a Lightning passthrough adapter.

Or they could get one of these and just eliminate wires from their life completely:

61INtNXdKlL._SX522_.jpg
So your solution is to shell out money for adapters? I think Apple is removing it to move everything to the lightning port (because Cook is greedy and wants people to only buy their accessories) which only they use so obviously the rest of the competition will not follow suit in that respect but good effort in trying to justify removing the headphone jack...

Reactions: arkitect
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.