Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I'm sure someone's already thought of something similar. But this is my ideal accessory if there are any manufactures reading this i think this product would work well if technically possible.

Ive seen some pretty ugly solutions out there. With hanging cords. Power solutions which are basically the size of the iPhone and have a cord that links to the iPhone essentially creating a pair of kung fu nun chucks :p

This is what i would buy if it were available:
BatteryPack.jpg

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
tekkeon makes a charger/portable dock for the ipod like that - see it here. i have one for my 5G ipod video. it's a bit bulky, though - it would be nice if someone could make a slimmer one for the iphone...

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
this is the reason that I logged on today, I'm glad I seached before creating a new thread. This is a great idea that can make a company like Belkin a ton of money....someone PLEASE do this. With all of the hype around the battery not being replaceable, you'd think that a form fitting battery pack solution would already exist, that Tekkeon solution is in the right direction but totally lacks any product design considerations, I mean I wouldn't want anyone to see me with that on my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.