Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebshloes

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
i have recently noticed my alarm not going off in the morning on a seemingly random basis. It happened this morning, i did notice then when i finally woke up and checked the phone, i had locked the phone with a game app open. I thought this might be the issue but i tested it. Set an alarm, left an app open and locked the phone, the alarm went off. I checked, the ringer was not on silent.

Has anyone had any issues with the alarm not going off? I use this as my primary alarm, so when it does not ring it is kind of a problem.

3g iphone, 16gb, 2.1 software, not jailbroken.

Thanks for any insight.

yes this has ********** happened to me. I lost a plane today because of it

IDEKFriday

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
@ComedyGuy,

I actually haven't had the issue again since I last posted in October 2008. I feel like they may have fixed it in one of the OS 2.X updates. Do you think the JB has anything to do with it, maybe keeping some of the old settings?

I had a friend who had his iPhone 3G JB'd throughout OS 2.X, decided he wanted a clean slate for OS 3.0, so he 'wiped'/restored the phone. When he upgraded to OS 3.0, he still had some traces of JB left. For example, he had the percentage battery indicator along with the graphical battery indicator in the top right corner, a feature supposedly reserved only for 3GS (and some JB'd phones, if you enable the feature, I think?).

Either way, I'd be interested to hear if anyone is still having this alarm issue also. Good luck!

Sooooooo, its now 2015 and I'm still having this issue almost DAILY. I am in college with classes at many different times so I'm sure you can imagine how stressful this is. I am so glad it isn't just me having this issue. When I was in high school my mom used to say that it was just me and that I needed to get better sleep, but I KNEW there was something weird going on! I've only ever had this issue with the iPod Touch 5, does anybody have any solutions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.