iPhone asks for password I never set?!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Perzonz, Aug 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

I don't know what the heck is wrong with my iPhone, or what's wrong with the Best Buy lady who was messing with my iPhone when she shouldn't have.. but I don't know if it was her..
    But my iPhone 3GS keeps asking for a password whenever I go to Settings>General>Restriction..
    I know my password for iTunes and my Voicemail, but I never set a password for Restrictions?! I tried my Voicemail password but it didn't work..
    I have a jailbroken iPhone 3GS, please help..

2. celticpride678

3. macrumors P6

Intell

If it is jailbroken, download the com.apple.springboard.plist file from the /var/private/mobile/Library/Preferences folder. Open the file and look for SBParentalControlsPIN. The four digit number after this is the restrictions passcode to unlock it.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Intell, I'm guessing you mean use the SSH thing.. I've never figured out how to use that stuff.. I have DiskAid? is that an SSH thing..
    can you like recommend me an SSH program thing, and tell me how to use it?
    I'm new to jailbreaking and stuff like that..

5. macrumors regular

zachcheatham

Have you tried plugging it into itunes? My friend guessed my password wrong a couple times and had it locked out. I plugged it in and it unlocked it. I dont know if it still works or applies here.

6. macrumors P6

Intell

Things to Google and learn about. "install OpenSSH on iPhone", "change iPhone root and mobile password", "transfer files iphone ssh windows", "open plist on windows 7". Google and read about those things in that order. If you don't have Windows then substitute Mac. If you don't have Windows 7, put in the version you do have.

It's not that kind of passcode.

7. macrumors newbie

password

Same thing happened to me after updating from ios 3.2 to ios 4.1.
    right after reseting the jailbroken iphone and then loading 4.1 it started asking me for a passcode from time to time and it still dose.
    the only solution i found is to reboot the phone by holding down the sleep + home button. Sometimes it might take 1-3 trys for it to work.
    Not really a solution to the problem but at least i can use my phone that way.

8. macrumors 601

It's not SSH, but it should work. You'll probably need to install afc2add in Cydia first.

9. macrumors member

Winscp