iPhone back up is gone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Dr Kevorkian94, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

macrumors 68020

So my iPhone had some problems and after returning from the apple store i went to restore from my backup....and its not there. I went to the location of the backups in finder and although there is a folder for my iPhone there isnt anything in it. Further more I use time machine and I went back a month and its still not there.... the folder is still empty. Any help will be great

2. macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

I've never used OSX but is there some kind of options on it for show hidden files like on Windows?

3. macrumors 6502

Did you tell iTunes to back up your iPhone in the "Cloud"? Maybe it's out there somewhere. Good luck!

4. macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I imagine it has to be in the cloud. I back my iPhone up to the computer and when I tried to do it to the cloud I believe it showed that when I sync in iTunes those backups would stop. If that's not the case then I'm not sure...

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

Nope it wasn't in the cloud and it was no where to be found on my computer. To let everyone know because of icloud I was able to get the essentials back so it wasn't that big of a loss.