Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chiproop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Hey folks!

I'm pretty stumped by this - I tried doing a bluetooth connection with my iPhone 4S after I installed 10.8, and the phone is telling me when it tries to connect that my laptop isn't supported.

Does this mean that the Dev Copy of 10.8 I have right now isn't currently compatible with the iPhone? Is there a fix around this?

Last edited:

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hey folks!

I'm pretty stumped by this - I tried doing a bluetooth sync with my iPhone 4S after I installed 10.8, and the phone is telling me when it tries to sync that my laptop isn't supported.

Does this mean that the Dev Copy of 10.8 I have right now isn't currently compatible with the iPhone? Is there a fix around this?

I did not know that an iPhone can sync data from your Mac via Bluetooth. I always thought you can only sync via the 30pin connector or WiFi (or Cloud services).

chiproop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2012
What I meant was the devices are connecting together. I noticed this when I was trying to use Keynote Remote and it wouldn't connect to the laptop.

When I go to my bluetooth setting on my phone and computer - they see each other, but when they try to connect, the phone says the laptop is not supported.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.