Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Miami
I've got a HBH-DS 970 which has caller ID and when i receive a call from a known contact, both the name and number are displayed sequentially. I have to say that this is a breath of fresh air coming from Windows Mobile and Symbian where i could never get the name to display and that was just ANNOYING!

Apple proves it cares about its customers once again!

docc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Miami
Wow, no one actually cares about this? Has no one ever come across the problem of the name not being recognised on Caller ID BT headsets?

docc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Miami
It's a cool feature, but most of the headsets are BORG city. Way huge. :eek:

Errr, what are you talking about? Google SonyEricsson HBH-662 and HBH-DS970 and you will be pleasantly surprised. The former is the same size as your regular headsets if not smaller and the latter is a Stereo BT headset that just hangs aroung your neck and has controls for your music ALONG WITH a nice small LCD screen to display track info/caller ID.

Cheers.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
I've got a HBH-DS 970 which has caller ID and when i receive a call from a known contact, both the name and number are displayed sequentially. I have to say that this is a breath of fresh air coming from Windows Mobile and Symbian where i could never get the name to display and that was just ANNOYING!

i found this out yesterday when i paired my hbh-662 to my iphone. a pleasant surprise! i'd never had any trouble getting phone numbers to show up on my hbh-662 with other phones, but i don't think any of them ever showed me text as well like the iphone does. but the hbh-662 is my back-up headset since my jawbone has better sound quality and is the one i use most.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
It's a cool feature, but most of the headsets are BORG city. Way huge. :eek:

Hmm lets see.

This with Caller ID:

HBH-DS970.jpg

Or this without Called ID:

hero-bluetoothheadset.jpg

Personally its a no brainer for me.

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
rooskibar03:

i don't know what model the first one is, but here's the hbh-662 that i have. not that bad compared to most headsets...

Attachments

• sony_ericsson_hbh_660_bluetooth_headset_image.jpg
    sony_ericsson_hbh_660_bluetooth_headset_image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 183

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
rooskibar03:

i don't know what model the first one is, but here's the hbh-662 that i have. not that bad compared to most headsets...

Hmm. Thats what came up under GIS.

The one you show is alot better, but I still think it would be more of a pain to pull that off your ear and see whos calling rather then just getting the phone out.

However thats assuming you keep it on your ear all the time.

r6girl

Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
Hmm. Thats what came up under GIS.

The one you show is alot better, but I still think it would be more of a pain to pull that off your ear and see whos calling rather then just getting the phone out.

However thats assuming you keep it on your ear all the time.

no, i usually keep my headset in my jacket pocket or on my desk, where my phone is usually in my purse or something. so, i can usually get to the headset before i can get to my phone...

angrygolfer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
PA
I may be wrong, but I think this is a Bluetooth 2.0 thing. maybe before some of the gear you were using was not bluetooth 2.0. I don't think that info was passed on in BT 1 and 1.1. At least this is what think is the case...

JMGvtec03

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2005
I dont know....

In my Acura TL when I set it up it only says "Incoming Call" when my BB8703e Said the Number...

-J

ajcowell

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2004

How did you get your 970 set up? I paired mine and although it does, as you say, display the number and name of an incoming call....I get no audio through the headset. I can use the ipod functionality and the audio comes through the iphone. I answer a call while wearing my 970 (by hitting answer on the iphone as none of the bluetooth buttons seem to answer the call - making the fact that it shows name and number fairly useless as I see that when I go to hit answer call) and again the headset doesn't pick up the call.

I'll delete the partnership and try again but so far I'm not too impressed. My previous phone was a Cingular 8525 and that worked okay apart from not using the display.

ajcowell

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2004
DS970 Issues with iPhone

I'm guessing the author who started this thread got a little carried away with seeing the caller ID on the LCD. Read this article "top 3 accessories that won't work with the iphone":

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/technology_news/4218509.html

Hopefully this is something that can be updated in an update sometime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.