iPhone Camera Lower Res photos/video

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by testdrive, Apr 23, 2012.

1. macrumors member

While transferring some pictures from friend's iphone 4s, I noticed that his pictures were 200mb while mine were 2.5 gb. Both phones used the default camera app. How can you change resolution or space pictures take up?

2. macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You can't change anything (resolution, image quailty, video quality) in the default camera app.

3. macrumors 6502a

Mars478

A picture should not be 2.5GB nor 200MB, 5MB at most. You must be looking at videos.

4. macrumors G4

Small White Car

There are camera apps that let you change the size of the photos you're taking. Those apps can also save to the camera roll. So it's possible your friend is using one of those apps.

But as Mars said, none of your numbers make sense. So I also think you're looking at videos or something.

5. macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe you just have more pictures than he does...?

6. macrumors 65816

You must either be looking at total space being used and videos too, which obviously you have more of both if he has 200MB total and you 2.5GB total. Not that hard to understand lol, HD videos especially eat up space on the 4S.

7. thread starter macrumors member

Sorry guys, let me repost my question:

While transferring some pictures from friend's iphone 4s, I noticed that his pictures were 200-500kb while mine were 2.0-2.5 mb. Both phones used the default camera app. How can you change resolution or space pictures take up?

8. macrumors 68020

cyks

You can't... unless he was using the front facing camera and you using the back one.