Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

isteal

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
USA
I just did a DFW restore on my iPhone 5 and installed iOS 7 beta 4 (yes I have a registered developer account) and did an icloud restore. After it restored, I got an info box saying that my phone "cannot verify server identity" and lists the server as "cn1iv.myvzw.com". I do have Verizon service and am unsure what would cause this issue... Is this anything to be concerned about? Anyone seen this issue???

Attachments

• IMG_6920.PNG
    IMG_6920.PNG
    97.3 KB · Views: 616

isteal

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
USA
Yeah, I tried google first but couldn't really find a satisfactory answer. Is it caused by an app, or because its a verizon iphone? Does it really matter, etc???

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah, I tried google first but couldn't really find a satisfactory answer. Is it caused by an app, or because its a verizon iphone? Does it really matter, etc???

Seems to be caused by an invalid certificate from Verizon. My guess would be it's one of your email accounts. The fact that it displayed right after restore is probably a coincidence and was most likely caused by the mail app (or another app) polling that server.

Did you figure out what vmd is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.