Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
Seeing as most people overeat their calories, I don't see the point of this. It's a fashion accessory and another thing that needs to be charged. Fat people can now pretend they are dieting by watching what they drink while shoving cookies down their chomper.

please cite your data -- because people get TONS of calories from sodas, and juices, and alcohol.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
A question I asked is exactly what is measured and this is the response:

"1. Your Vessyl measures everything abut the liquid because it analyzes at a molecular level. You will be able to see calories, fats, sugars, vitamins, minerals, caffeine, sodium, etc."

Sounds very exciting!

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
another useless invention.....

To you perhaps. But there are some folks so obsessed with tracking their food etc they will say this is perfect

----------

Totally legit use, but I couldn't see someone carrying it to a bar — what they *should* make, if they don't already, are testing strips you can inconspicuously dip into a drink to check for specific substances. Does that already exist? I actually know several women who have been roofied (hell, we probably all do). Scary crap.

Make it in the form of those little drink straws. It's white, if it stays white it's good. If it turns red, stop.

herocero

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2003
down on the upside
Your biggest problem here is not knowing that gin is rubbish.

A good whiskey will get you there quicker and without the reek of juniper. :p

i don't discriminate. a fine peaty single malt or a straight rye bourbon is my latest fix down at the bbq house. but it's summertime in LaLaLand, and that means g&ts and dare i say a refreshing french 75.

:D

----------

But whiskey would clash with the Campari in my Negroni... :D

it's all about the lemocello! *gesticulates wildly with hands*

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Wow, I just saw this on the Colbert Report, just wow. At least I know that I can make something that some fools will buy. $200 & Early 2015 ship date for what? Tracking how much I drink? Does the thing even fit in a cup holder? I'm sorry but this has hipster ALL over it. Anyone who invested in this company completely got taken for. You can't honestly believe this is a pain point for people. I think people sort of need to focus on... oh I don't know, WHAT YOU EAT. Oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted.

shahrezsyed

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
Stony Brook, New York
Can't wait to test this out. I preordered quite a while ago.

----------

Wow, I just saw this on the Colbert Report, just wow. At least I know that I can make something that some fools will buy. $200 & Early 2015 ship date for what? Tracking how much I drink? Does the thing even fit in a cup holder? I'm sorry but this has hipster ALL over it. Anyone who invested in this company completely got taken for. You can't honestly believe this is a pain point for people. I think people sort of need to focus on... oh I don't know, WHAT YOU EAT. Oh well, a fool and his money are soon parted.

OR someone might just want to try out something new lol (as a hobby)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia

Of course, his "Toylyt" has actually existed for almost a decade: http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/06/28/spark.toilet/index.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.